“Updated Tiny Room”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Indianapolis
“Updated Tiny Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn. The location was great, close to the beach and downtown. The room was upgraded, but super small. The sink was part of the bedroom and the bathtub and toilet separate, in a tiny bathroom, not a lot of privacy. No closet (there's a shelf with some hangers), no coffee in the room, no iron. The walls also seem thin, you could hear anything going on outside and next door. The bed was comfortable, but the sheets and pillows weren't that great. The towels were bad! I'm small person and I could barely wrap it around my body. They also don't absorb any water.
If you don't want to spend a lot of many and stay by everything, I would recommend this hotel. I guess for a 2 star it wasn't that bad. It was clean, staff was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms don't have a lor of privacy, I would stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We do offer a variety of room types that vary in size. I appreciate your feed back and will address the issues that were mentioned on towel quality etc.. We hope you will chose us again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Monsey, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am a redicard member and have stayed at many Red Roof Inns. This one was absolutely among, if not, the best. Newly renovated, hardwood floors, clean cabinets, flat screen TV, immaculate and conveniently located.

If you are on vacation and going to Ft. Sumter, the hotel is down the street from the entrance to Patriots Point, where you get on the boat for the trip. If you want to go to downtown Charleston, you are less than five minutes away, just off the first exit off the bridge. Mount Pleasant is cleaner and easier to get around than downtown Charleston, but is only a few minutes away when you want to shop, tour or eat downtown. The price for the hotel is lower than those in downtown and the amenities were excellent. Of course, it would have been better if the hotel provided a hot breakfast or continental breakfast, but there was no food offered. That, by itself, limits one's ability to give the hotel a better rating. By all rights, it should have received three stars instead of four, but this place was spotless, new, smoke-free and convenient. I highly recommend it for anyone visiting Charleston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to knwo you chose Red Roof Inn and enjoyed your stay. Our rooms are clean, comfortable and economical. Our location is ideal and we look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the Charleston area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed in this RRI before without problems, but after a stay the first weekend in August, I found myself with an infestation of scabies mites. Extremely uncomfortable, and difficult to cure, with an itchy recovery period of weeks. (Still recovering a month later, and I only hope the treatment got them all!)

This comes from not washing linens after another infected guest stayed in the same room. I am not pleased, and I hope nobody else falls prey to this.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Solodad
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I will need you to contact me directly @ 843-884-1411. This post has come as a complete shock and I need to discuss this with you further to completely understand when you stayed, what room, etc. This is in no way acceptable nor our level of cleanliness standards.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our first red roof experience. Every staff member was extremely hospitable, friendly and helpful. Big thank you to them. The room was nicely renovated for a value-based hotel. Room was clean except for areas surounding and under bed that needed more attention to (carpet). Because rooms are all exterior with no interior hallways I recommend you close the 2nd floor as our room on ground level felt a bit exposed to vehicles and passers by. Walkway and overhead ceiling outside room needs cleaning and a fresh coat of paint. Easy walk to bridge for a great cardio workout crossing the bridge with spectacular views.

• Stayed August 2013
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will take note of your comments and be sure to address any concerns. We sincerely appreciate you and are pleased you chose Red Roof Inn. I am happy to share your comments with my valuable team members. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great location and the price is good. Very basic. No breakfast. It is the old style with all doors to the outside. Alittle loud because of this, but it's hard to complain with the price. Rooms were nice and clean enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We pride ourselves on offering clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I pleased to know we were able to stand by our committment and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again on any future travels to the Charleston area.
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here during a recent trip to Charleston. I chose this one because it was totally smoke free, recently renovated and was cheaper than some of the other hotels in the area. The room was nice and comfy. Loved the hard wood floors; much better than carpet! The bed was really comfy and the room was spacious. The night stand table had extra outlets so it was really easy to charge my phone laptop and camera without having to track down all the outlets. We were right across from the pool so we were along a busy walkway but still was able to sleep late and not be disturbed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while visiting the Charleston area. We are pleased to know you chose Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant and were comfortable in our newly renovated rooms. It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed the little extras such as; the added outlets and comfortable bedding. I hope we have earned a loyal guest and look forward to serving you on any upcoming trips to our area.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My first time at a Red Roof. Hotel was clean, front desk staff were very friendly, room upgrades were great, and of course Charleston was wonderful. I had a very pleasureable stay! I will definetly be coming back again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are so pleased to know you had enjoyable stay. Thank you for sharing your experience and please comeback when you are visiting the Charleston area.