“Good location. Nice pool.”

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The room is very modern looking. Nice counter space. Comfy bed. Lacks in room fridge and micro, as well as any type of breakfast, which seem to be standard in most hotels at this price range. Enjoyed the pool area.
We had the do not disturb sign on the door, and the housekeeper left us fresh towels hanging from the handle. That was a nice touch...Thanks for that!

• Stayed: June 2013
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to know we were able to accomadate you and look forward to seeing you again on any future visits to the Charleston area.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The pool is fantastic but when kids are screaming you hear it like their in the room with you. My kids went to the pool, came back up and got water on the floor tried to clean it up with a towel, but as they started black dirt appeared on it. My daughter wanted to take a shower, but there was black hairs in the drain and in the towels. I would not recommended this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Please accept my sincerest of apologies. This is not our standard and will be addressed to prevent this type of issue from occuring in the future. I would like to speak to you personally so that I can do the proper research of what room it was and when, etc, in order to handle this in the most professional way. Please contact me @ 843-884-1411 ext. 402.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Red Roof Inn was recently remodeled and boy did they do a bang up job! Hardwood floors, new sinks, etc. It was very clean and the front desk was great. Its located 10mins from downtown Charleston so that was a big plus. I would most definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and our great new rooms. We value your comments and look forward to seeing you again on your future travels.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

When on personal travel (am on my Honeymoon this trip!) I usually stick with Choice Hotels (Quality Inn / Comfort Inn / Comfort Suites). When my wife and I got into town - we looked for rooms and originally had picked the Comfort Suites down the road - but they had no more vacancy. We were tired - and didn't want to drive all around - so she suggested that she saw a Red Roof we had passed - so lets try there.

In my experience in work travel (working for a company that typically chooses Red Roof / Motel 6 / Super 8) - most Red Roofs were pretty old and run down, and a gamble of whether they would be clean.

What a surprise! The rooms are all newly remodeled - and were spotless. The desk clerk Kimberly was very helpful getting us settled in, and getting us some extras we needed (like the iron that my wife can't live without) :-)

The outdoor pool was clean - and not so chlorinated that my eyes burned for the next day (which seems to be the trend now "just to be safe and clean").

Overall - a great experience and a pleasant surprise out of an "economy" class hotel. Would definitely choose this property again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are so happy that you found us here at The Red Roof Inn. I am pleased to know that we met your needs and truly hope to see you again on your future trips to the Charleston area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Well - to start, upon arrival, room seemed to have been cleaned except the ice bucket contained liquid in it (probably from previous visitor) also, upon turning in at around 10pm, found hair and semen stains in bed that my daughter was going to use! Called front desk and they relocated us to another room which seemed clean enough. We spent 2 nights here. during the 2nd day, room was not cleaned, no trash taken out, no used bath towels removed - only a bag with new bathtubs was placed on ac unit! I have stayed in many, many different hotels over more than a couple of nights and housekeeping has ALWAYS cleaned room, made beds, taken out trash and used towels and replenished soap, shampoo, etc. I am very, very disappointed with Red Roof Inn! I wanted to mention my irritation to front desk on checkout but figured it was of no use as they could'nt comp a night of stay! I looked into many hotels in the area before I chose Red Roof and now wish I had gone with one of the others instead with comparable rates (some of which even offered breakfast!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Please accept my most sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience This is in no way our standards and is unacceptable.I would like to speak with you in order to address the problems and ensure this does not happen again. Please contact me personally @ 843-884-1411.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room itself was okay and it looked to be newly renovated, but alas we found two roaches in the room or shall I say they found us. We only had water in the room and no food so it was disappointing to see them as the room looked clean. The location is nice if you want to walk/run the bridge and there are plenty of restaurants (Sticky Fingers BBQ, Hardees and Wendys) within walking distance of the hotel.

Every front desk person I talked with was snippy and had an sour demeanor. No smiles. Every time we returned to the hotel, our key wouldn't work. A total of 4 times. I don't know why this is such an issue as we didn't have any problems throughout our vacation anywhere else. The cell phone excuse only goes so far. For the price, I expected a better experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Please accept my most sincerest of apologies. I am a bit shocked to hear my staff was anything but courteous. We PRIDE ourselves on providing exceptional service. I will address the pest issues immediately with our exterminator. Please call me directly to discuss this further @ 843-884-1411

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Close to shopping and restaurants. Clean room, pool, nice pond in back, remodeled.

full capacity - lots of young adults. Young drunk girl banging on next door 2am. She was yelling back and forth to a car in the parking lot. my room was close to the office and not sure why they did not hear or see what was going on. I banged on my window and she ran off before I had to call the front desk.

Good hot shower. high shower head, good water pressure.

Curtains did not block all the light from the room. I had to put a sheet from the spare bed on top of the A/C to block the bright orange light from the parking lot and the morning sun.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your expeience. I apologize for the issues you experienced. This does allow me to address the problem with the draperies and I can assure you we will have this corrected. I hope you will chose us again on any future visits to Charleston.