“Perfect Middle of the Road hotel...”

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Moore, South Carolina
“Perfect Middle of the Road hotel...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Personally I'm used to staying in a much nicer hotel but the budget was a little less forgiving for this trip. The price was good for what you get. We arrived about 1:30 (check in is at 4) to the front desk attendants holding the front door open, smoking a cigarette. Upon them making sure a room was clean and ready we drove around to the front of the room. From the outside it's a typical older hotel which they are remodeling. The insides of the rooms have all been remodeled already.

We went into the room to hardwood floors, a nice king size bed, nice furniture and a nice granite counter all the way at the back. Everything was clean and inviting for the most part. My biggest complaint over all would be the size of the bathrooms. VERY small.

The bed itself was actually pretty comfy. I did find a stain on the fitted sheet and a hole in the thicker cover. My wife removed the "comforter/bedspread" immediately upon arrival since those tend not to get changed very often in most hotels and there was no duvet.

The first night was great. However, Friday night when others arrived for the weekend it got loud. Walls are thin. We heard the conversation of the people next door like we were sitting in there room and they decided to bang and go in and out of the room every 2 minutes for what seemed like hours. I could hear the toilet flush and the shower run upstairs too.

All in all it wasn't a bad place and given the condition of a lot of other hotels in this range I'd definitely recommend Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you will choose us again on your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised and quite pleased when I stayed here after I could not make reservations at another hotel. The hotel is in a very good location near everything in Mt. Pleasant and only minutes from downtown Charleston. The rooms are renovated and I stayed in a king room which was very nice. Bathroom is small but more then adequate. No breakfast available, but Page's Okra Grill is nearby for the best breakfast and Starbucks is only about a 1/2 mile away. Clean rooms that are recently renovated in a great location. Do you want more?
(all rooms are accessible only from outside).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
PLAINSBORO
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a wonderful chain. They are pet friendly (no fees) and the accomodations are plush for hotels which are not considered luxury types. The beds are high-quality and the bedding is better than average and well maintained. One of the very best aspects of the room is the blond wood flooring-great for allergy sufferers and more hygenic. There is 24-hour coffee in the lobby if you choose not to upgrade to a superior room-those have micro/fridge, larger work space, hair dryer and iron/ board & in- room coffee. Nice large flatscreen TV and very modern sink and bath. Overall, even though there was no breakfast offered, I considered this hotel a wonderful value. There are multiple dining facilities in the immediate area so you won't even miss the free meal. I WILL always stay here when in Charleston-the historic area is a short drive away and so is the Isle of Palms beach area. Recommend highly!

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness center but there are laundry facilities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms at an affordable price. Our location is fantastic and I am pleased to now we met your needs. I hope we have earned you as another loyal guest. We look forward to seeing you again.
Newton Grove, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay - it was a very attractive room, cool fixtures and got a wonderful night's sleep, which was a big relief since I usually don't sleep well away from home and I forgot my pillows. Very quiet and very convenient. The cost was so reasonable and affordable. Value all the way around. I have relatives in the area and I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience while staying at The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. I am happy to know we were able to meet your needs and look forward to you staying with us again on your future travels.
SC
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Others have described the positives well. So this is only a warning that the remaining renovations (as of 5/13) may impact travelers. The renovations don't appear to be coordinated with the front desk staff. We experienced both stairwells on our side of the building being painted at the same time and both ice/vending rooms also received simultaneous updates, leaving one ice maker (no vending) operational by Friday afternoon.

Fortunately, this should all be over soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I wanted to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It has been a challenge during renovation. I appreciate you sharing your concerns and wanted you to know that we are 80% complete and will make sure our guests are taken care of while we renovate our property and limit inconveniences.
USA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've been staying here off and on for over a year .. my child is a patient at MUSC. The staff is so friendly and they always try to get us in the room above the office and with a fridge. Not only do they allow early check in but if for some reason we have to stay over, they make sure we have a room. We get good rates here and the location is so close to MUSC, but yet far enough away to escape the tourist traffic. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, especially someone who has to stay up at MUSC.

Room Tip: The room above the office, I think it's 217? Quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
You are a valued guest and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. I am pleased to know we have provided you with the great customer service we pride ourselves on. We will see you again on your next trip to the area.
Cayce, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked our hotel stay at the Red Roof Inn Mount Pleasant through priceline with no problems. I called to confirm the reservations, and requested a room on the pool side of the hotel, and that is exactly what we got. Front desk staff were very pleasant. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and never had a problem. The room was very clean, and has been recently upgraded. The property was peaceful, and we really enjoyed having coffee by the pool. Housekeeping did a wonderful job as well. We were thoroughly pleased with this stay and we will definately be back.

Room Tip: Definately get a room facing the pool area!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leeann1622
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. We appreciate your comments and thank you for always staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.