“Excellent Hotel Stay, Staff, Management, and Rates”

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Mt. Pleasant, SC while I had repair work done to my home. I found the front desk staff helpful and professional. I was also impressed with the hotel's GM Patricia Nelms. Patricia went out of her way to make sure my stay was pleasant and affordable. Patricia is a credit to her profession and I will continue to use the Red Roof Inn for my lodging needs and those of my family when they come to visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. It was a pleasure serving you and I am so pleased your stay was enjoyable. You are a valued guest and we look forward to serving you again on your future lodging needs.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The stay me and my wife had at the Red Roof Inn in Mt. Pleasant, was very good.
There was great access to tourist locations, such as restaraunts and stores.
The hotel itself was very clean, and the staff was very nice.
We had no problems checking into our room, and no problems as far as housekeeping.
I would definatly recommend this hotel to any one who may be visiting the Charleston area.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool were very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. You are a valued guest and we look forward to your next visit to the Charleston area.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

this red roof was kind of dirty on the outside. the windows needed a wash job. thwe room was ok, good for one night. the next time i will go to another kind of motel. there was no breakfast and no decaf coffee for people who need to drink that.

Room Tip: we had a first floor room, it was quiet . don't know about any other room. i would prefer the ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your experience with us. This allows me to address any observations found by my guests and make a difference. I apologize that your stay was less than pleasant and wanted you to know your comments are taken seriously. We will be renovated beginning January 2013 and would like to invite you back to experience our new and improved property when you are back in the area.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Clean, convenient, reasonably priced. That's what I expect from Red Roof and that is what you'll find here. Not fancy but safe and a good value. Your dog will be very welcome and so will you in an area that is very dog friendly to begin with, they have a pool but I would advise requesting a room away from the pool area to avoid noise.

• Stayed: November 2012
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant and taking the time to tell us about it. We appreciate your business and welcome you and your pet back on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Finding a reasonably priced hotel in Charleston with low "ick" factor was not easy. I did lots of research and still was scared to book the Red Roof Inn in the Patriot's Point area,after reading some of the reviews. We paid around $50 bucks with a promo code for the "most popular room" that included a fridge and microwave. However I was more than pleasantly surprised with our room, as a matter of fact I couldn't believe this hotel got any bad reviews ( not necessarily from this site) because the room was clean even to my picky standards and the staff was more than nice! I can't imagine they wouldn't fix any problems that occurred if you ASK. I think that people who think they are some kind critic giving these insane reviews for hotels in the category of red roof need to come back down to reality. Giving a poor mark because your bathroom door doesn't shut completely or there was no iron..really? If you find a clean hotel, with nice staff in area where you can walk out in the middle of the night and not be horrified of getting murder, then 5 stars. This will defiantly be our hotel for all Charleston trips.

Room Tip: All rooms do not include a microwave and fridge ( this is clearly stated). Its only a few more dolla...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience wih the Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. You are a valued guest and we look forward to serving you on your return trip to the Charleston area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights-room was exceptionally clean and housekeeping came daily to tidy up the room. Nothing fancy, but the internet is free and fast, and the price is very reasonable.No breakfast offered. I did miss having a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. I would advise bringing your own bath toiletries as all I was given was a tiny bar of soap and 1 packet of shampoo a day. The rooms on the back side of the hotel are quiet unless you have someone staying in the rooms beside you. I was able to hear clearly every conversation of the people next door as well as when they used the toilet..LOL. Traffic is congested due to construction on rt. 17.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Its always a pleasure to know we were able to make your stay in Charleston enjoyable. we looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Basic room, no micro, frig, ironing board or iron. No Breakfast.
Room has king bed, and one overstuffed chair.**
Booked on Priceline which rated it a 2 star. Can't figure out how this is more than a 1 star. Strong odor of oil based paint?? Here for three days will change rooms due to the strong odor if one is available tomorrow.
Motel is well located, close to historic Charleston, etc. Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: back side is away from street traffic and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tel us about your experience. I apologize for the inconveniences and would like to get you moved to a Superior rrom with the amenities you asked for and one that has not been freshly painted. Thank you again and we look forward to making you comfortable.