“Banquet Room”

Fuquay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Banquet Room”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My family was in Mt. Pleasant for a funeral. I contacted Southerly's about accommodating us in their banquet room on short notice. The service (Chris and Alicia) and food were top drawer. Everyone ordered off the menu. Southerly had something for everybody. The wine was half off too! We all enjoyed being in the private room so we could get up and move around freely without disturbing other diners. I can't say enough good things about the food. Everyone ranted and raved over their dinner selections.

“LOVED”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Fried pimento cheese, phenomenal. Deviled eggs, awesome. Short ribs, shrimp & grits, trout plate=ALL AWESOME. Loved the lax atmosphere. Everything was so fresh. Wish I had one of these where I live!

Christiansted, St. Croix
“Brunch was worth the visit”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family, 10 of us total, had brunch here on a Sunday morning. The food was spectacular and the service was great too. I would go back.

Summerville, South Carolina
“Great place for brunch”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had brunch at Southerly this Sunday morning after finding Okra Grill packed with people. There was no wait. That was great! My husband had the raisin cinnamon french toast (he shared some with me) and it was really good. I had salad and quiche lorraine, both were very good and and just the right amount of food. I will be back for brunch.
I had dinner there a few months ago and I wasn't pleased with the chicken and dumplings but I think the place is worth a second try for dinner.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great Value On Weekdays”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We heard that Southerly has the "Early Bird Special" down to a science, so my wife and I went for dinner on a Monday at around 6 o'clock. We were not disappointed. They have a generous happy hour that lasts from about 4:00 PM until 8:00 on Mondays through Thursdays if I am not mistaken. The senior citizens were out numbered by younger couples and large groups of college age diners taking advantage of the great prices on food and drink there. We chose from the special small plate menu at a table by the widow in the bar because of the $3 small plates. Both the restaurant and the bar were nicely appointed and patio dining with much needed fans was available also. The service was prompt, courteous, and patient. We each had several tasty $3 blackened mahi mahi tacos that were excellent and got a very good New Zealand sauvignon blanc for half price. They also have house wines at $3 per glass which vary from week. Sometimes you'll get a bargain on a good wine, some weeks not so great. Our bartender/waiter was very good about letting us taste what they had, so we could choose a wine that we liked.
The menu may not be expansive, but the food and service have been very good in the main restaurant, where we ate once before, as well as in the bar. It would be very difficult for us to buy the ingredients,cook the food and drink a bottle of our own wine for what we paid for our meal at Southerly. We will definitely be back.