“If you can't a hot dog you like here...you never will!”
Review of Jack's Cosmic Dogs

Jack's Cosmic Dogs
Ranked #23 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 7, 2013

There is every possible topping for their fabulous hot dogs! Of all things, I loved their hot dog bun! You can also get sausages which sound wonderful--on my list to try next time. Highly recommend their milkshakes -- homemade like the good ol' days! This is a MUST STOP for anybody in town -- but get there early as it gets super crowded!

There are newer reviews for Jack's Cosmic Dogs

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but within lies the best hotdogs you have ever tasted. Get the Cosmic Dog with the blue cheese cole slaw and sweet potato mustard. It is just unbelievably good. If you dare, try the loaded fries with your dogs...watch out for those jalapenos...so hot, but so good. There is counter service and you take your food to the small dining area to eat or get it to go. Be warned. This place is popular and there will probably be a line, but it is definitely worth the wait. I will never go to Mount Pleasant without stopping here.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My son, grandson and I recently ate at Jack's Cosmic Dogs in Mt. Pleasant, SC, a local institution for over 20 years. It has 14 different choices of hot dog toppings, plus bratwurst and kielbasa. In addition, they have other sandwiches and even vegetarian choices. Their "claim to fame" is their blue cheese slaw and sweet potato mustard, plus all toppings are made fresh in-house. They also have great fresh cut French fries. Pricing is a little high for a hot dog, but the choices and quality of the food makes it worth it. It's in a small cinder block building, and it's a good idea to get there before normal meal times since a line forms quickly. Not to worry; they take your order quickly and efficiently. Jack's Cosmic Dogs got some national attention when Alton Brown of the Food Network stopped there during research for "Feasting on Asphalt", a journey around the country eating at out of the way places. Alton said "it's the best hot dog I have ever had, ever!" Enough said.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stoped there on our way to charleston and had lunch.we both had the cosmic dogs they had a really big bun that held the blue cheese cold slaw and sweet potato mustard by far the best hot dog I have eve had. You will not go wrong eating here

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love cool little restaurants or drive-in type places and I love hot dogs, which is why while driving north on 17 from Charleston to Myrtle I saw and stopped by this place. Well the hot dogs and fries are dynamite but what really thrilled me was they ahd Taylor Ham Sandwiches and I really love these and I rarely find them. I was pleasantly surprised to see them on the menu here the last place I expected to find them.
The food is fabulous and the place is a blast, you won't regret it.
And by the way if you're a vegetarian no worries my daughter said it was the best veggie burger she ever had (and she's a tad bit bit on the fussy side)