“YUMMY QUALITY IS AVAILABLE!!”
Review of Jack's Cosmic Dogs

Jack's Cosmic Dogs
Ranked #21 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Today we ventured to Jack's Cosmic Dogs at lunch. What a great choice. The chili was yummy with a great quality hot dog underneath! All the toppings my group tried were fresh, and I wanted so badly to try the blue cheese slaw! Since I have a bun in the oven, so to speak, I'll have try that next summer instead. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We're local, and love Jack's. What a way to make a "destination" out of a hot dog stand! The atmosphere is whimsical and fun; the dogs are solid and the choices are unlimited.

My kids love the cheesy fries.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This had been a place I've wanted to check out since seeing it featured on one of Alton Brown's programs, and finally had the opportunity to do so on the latest trek to the SC coast. You can almost miss it on the east side of US 17. It's a very non-descript concrete block building. Inside is filled with all sorts of vintage nostalgia.

When my wife and I arrived were a few folks inside who were already enjoying their food. We were able to place our orders and took a table. My wife ordered the Astro Dog, which is dressed out with a cooked tomato-based onion relish. Being a believer that a dog joint should have a great, simple coney, I opted for a couple of the Orbit City Dogs. We also ordered a basket of their fresh-cut fries. The food came out in short order. I was very pleased with the Orbit City Dogs. The chili was out of this world, and the spicy mustard was a nice compliment. I'm really kicking myself, though, for not ordering the Astro Dog, as well. I did manage to snag a bite of my wife's. The onion relish is KILLER! We were so taken with it that we asked if they sold it to go. Sadly, they do not, but the manager was kind enough to hook us up with a quantity before we left. And then, there were the fries.......ahh, yes, the fries.

Very thin cut, and deep fried in peanut oil. They were extremely crispy and had tremendous flavor. I almost could have made a meal of them. Hate to think how badly the arteries would clog, however.

The service was great and this simple, basic, food was almost enough to convince me to make the hour and twenty minute drive from Surfside Beach at least one more time that week. I will do it again, though!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

At here with friends the day after meeting Jack (the owner) at one of his other locations. Great guy, great dogs, and a great trip experience here at the original Jack's. Not fancy, just great.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found the hotdogs in this place to have a bit of a different taste that I found un pleasing. The people in there acted like they didnt even see me for 5 minutes then when i got my food after what seemed like a seemingly long and complicated order it was cold.