“Great hot dog!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Charleston
“Great hot dog!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Best fries in the area. This is a side of the road place, and don't go there expecting anything but a hot dog or ice cream, but it's worth going. You can get a hot dog topped with almost anything. The place has an awesome atmosphere too - very retro. Love it!

Visited November 2011

Roanoke, Virginia
“Love the orginality”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We love this place. This is not our first time, we always stop here on our trip to Charleston and home. The Cosmic Dog ROCKS! My daughter loves the fresh cut fries-she adds vinegar. YUMMY. They have the most unique hot dogs and they are super yummy. It is a must stop. I promise you have never tried anything like this before-I recommed being adventerous, it is worth it. Give it a try.

• Visited January 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“A True Locals kind of place”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A truly local establishment one has to experience if in the Charleston area. I have had hot dogs all around the world. In fact despite my dinning at the best restaurants in town, hot dogs are my favorite food. They are my secret passion. While many people don’t like the home made mustard I think the experience of Jacks is something you will never forget. It’s like a throw back to the 70s or maybe even earlier. I first visited in 1976 and have been returning every since. Will I be back, so long as my wife and heart doctor don’t find out, you can bet on it.

• Visited December 2011
Romania
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Delicious dogs! Don't miss the blue cheese slaw and sweet potato mustard! I also recommend the root beer. Fun atmosphere, affordable lunch.

• Visited November 2011
Star, NC
“A great place to stop for a cosmic out of this world dog.”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

A very unique place that sells very good hot dog's and potato salad. The menu has a lot of other goodies as well. It's a very fun atmosphere. The kids will have a blast!

• Visited April 2011