“Going downhill.”

R B's Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #26 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant was founded more than 40 years ago by Ronnie Boals. R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant has the right mix of great seafood and steaks, fresh quality ingredients and warm hospitality presented in a comfortable atmosphere. In 197 7 Ronnie opened R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant on Shem Creek. It is known for fresh seafood, friendly service, and fair prices.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've always enjoyed RB's food and especially the view. That is, until our last visit. Took over an hour to get a table because we somehow mysteriously got taken off of the hostesses' list. Then our food took 55 minutes to make it to the table and they got the order wrong. Very dissatisfied. Poor job RB's.

1  Thank tomburriss
There are newer reviews for R B's Seafood Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is easily one of my favorite bars/restaurants in the country. I know that anytime we are eating seafood, I compare it to R B's. I don't bother comparing the atmosphere, because there is no comparison. It is just perfect for relaxing, drinking and hanging out with friends.

R B's is located on Shem Creek across the harbor from Charleston. The building is nautical themed with lots of polished teak wood. The outside dining area overlooks the brackish water Shem Creek with fishing and shrimping boats moving about. Everything is perfect from the view, the smell of salt water, and the vibe of the restaurant. Love it. Miss it.

My buddy and I kicked back with some beers, chatted and watched the sun set. I got the R B's Steampot which was crammed with about every seafood you can imagine. Everything had a Cajun (low country) flavor and was cooked perfectly. The service was great and everyone was very friendly.

R B's gets really busy on the weekend (because everything is so perfect!) so you definitely want to make reservations ahead of time. Depending on what you are in the mood for, expect to spend $15 for burgers, $25 for fish dinners, and my favorite, the Steampot, is $37 (but it is PACKED!). I can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere and view were the best part of the restaurant, the food tasted pretty much like anywhere else.
We tried the she crab soup, fried calamari and coconut shrimp, along with the steamed bucket.
All in all good food, but have had the same multiple times anywhere else.
Wouldn't plan on coming back here, but wouldn't say no.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

RB's is a very tasty and very friendly place to go up to the top floor and sit out on the screened deck area and enjoy some of the freshest seafood around! Our server Nicole was super friendly and even helped me to decide between two dishes. The flounder was very fresh and cooked perfectly and the shrimp would melt in your mouth!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

we enjoyed the food and the service but the wait was horrible. We went on a Friday evening and the hostess stated that it was graduation night in the area,however we saw several empty tables. They did make up for it with the service and the food. I would return if I am in the area again but I would not wait.