“Good atmosphere average food”

R B's Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #51 of 354 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant was founded more than 40 years ago by Ronnie Boals. R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant has the right mix of great seafood and steaks, fresh quality ingredients and warm hospitality presented in a comfortable atmosphere. In 197 7 Ronnie opened R.B.'S Seafood Restaurant on Shem Creek. It is known for fresh seafood, friendly service, and fair prices.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Recommend by our hotel we tried with our two kids on a Sunday afternoon. Service was ok. Best items we tried were the onion rings, side salad, and kids chicken fingers. These I would recommend. The fried shrimp and broiled scallops weren't bad but nothing that knocked your socks off.

The atmosphere is nice and very kid friendly. Plenty of sites and sounds. We didn't eat outside but that looks like an awesome view.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Previously, this was my "go-to" place. The food and view were great. I've always wondered why it was not ranked higher and I've given it good reviews in the past. But, my meal last week was very over cooked, along with my husband's meal which was overcooked as well. I was very disappointed! For a $40 lunch, I just expect better. I'm guessing the previous times, we got lucky. I do not think we will return...too many other choices.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

While I'd rate the food average, of my Mt Pleasant and Charleston choices for dining, RB's hands down has the best deck/dock to sit and enjoy a drink. Watching dolphins, paddle boarders, skiffs and yachts pass by the calm creek is worth the visit. The food is fine, nothing spectacular but dining in the restaurant, get a seat by the window. Interior is exceptionally nice and overall a great experience.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

With all the hoopla from the locals about RB's, we thought it would be amazing. We stayed at the wonderful Shem Creek Inn & they gave us a voucher for a free crab appetizer. The clerk who gave it to us said it was "so delicious". Personally, if I never eat it again, I'll be fine. It was a simple crab salad with Horseradish in it.

I had the pasta with shrimp & scallops & my husband had the fried seafood dinner. He wanted one of the fish sauteed, but was told everything on the plate has to be cooked the same way. I've been in "cheap" restaurants that cater to their customers better. Both dishes were mediocre.

The service was no better than any diner I've ever been in & the place (although it was rather late) was filled with children. I like children, but having a late dinner on the water, I wasn't pleased with them all around us. I don't understand why they don't put customers with children in a separate place. There were other rooms that were empty. Only the enclosed deck had customers.

For the prices they charge, I was disappointed. Since several of our doctors are in Charleston & Mt. Pleasant, we visit there about a half dozen times a year. I won't be going back to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was our second time to have lunch at this Shem Creek area restaurant. Both times - one in 2008 and then in 2013 - were a good experience. The service was great and the food very good. Interesting building - this alone is worth going there.