“Old South Carolina”

Old Village Post House Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Village Post House Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Venning
Description: A Comfortably Stylish, Neighborhood Tavern, Restaurant, & Inn Nestled In Mt. Pleasant’s Historic Old Village.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We've been to this restaurant several times for dinner but yesterday was the first time we tired their brunch menu. Food was exquisite complemented by a top shelf waitstaff. Reservations are recommended as everyone is aware of the quality of the restaurant. Will defintely frequent the restaurant often.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had dinner in the bar area on July 4th for our first visit to the OVPH. Don't want or expect server to be overly friendly, but it would have been preferable to outright disdain. We ordered soup to begin. Waiter apparently decided unilaterally that soup would be a poor choice to begin our meal since the entrees arrived before the soup. When we reminded him, he said no we'd cancelled our order. No apology, no offer to bring any. Both our meals were overcooked, not that the waiter would have known since he never returned to ask how everything was or if we'd like another drink. Empty glasses remained empty, bread apparently being rationed since basket never refilled, dirty dishes never cleared. If the Pitt Street Pharmacy next door is open go there instead. They have an old-fashioned soda fountain and probably would be happy to serve you.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The best service and food you will find in the charleston area. Local fresh ingredients and paired together to compliment each course. Anne Marie,our server was the gem that made our dinner even better. A must go to for all

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My sister-in-law owns a Sullivan's Island beach house and is a trained chef. This charming restaurant and Husk are among her favorite restaurants in the Charleston area. Our family likes to gather here each summer for brunch or dinner. Personally, I return to the Old Village Post House each summer for its sea salt caramel sundae. I love my family, but that sea salt caramel sundae is always my reward for making the 5-hour drive from Atlanta to Charleston worthwhile. I recently turned the family onto this sundae. Truly, the only time our large, boisterous family was quiet during its annual 4th of July family reunion in recent memory was when it gathered together at the Old Village Post House, eating the sea salt caramel ice cream sundaes. It was as though everyone was at worship, not at a restaurant. LOL. That's a always a good sign. :-) The tile fish is fantastic, too. (I ordered the grilled monk fish and wished I had ordered the tile fish, instead. I'm glad my husband shares.) .... If you're in Charleston, it's worth stopping by here for dinner or brunch.

1  Thank Shelmarie
Reviewed June 30, 2014

As another review stated, you should dine in the back at the bar. The atmosphere here is cozy and you'll lose track of time and settle into your dining experience.

It has been awhile since I have dined here, but have been three times and fondly recall each experience. It is a real gem located in the Old Village of Mount Pleasant and well worth finding. If you can, explore the surroundings on foot and walk behind the restaurant to the water...it is absolutely worth strolling here. Bring your camera.

The food is good and the daily specials are worth finding. The risotto is excellent, although very rich. I always recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Charleston or IOP areas who may look to find something different and off the beaten path.

I definitely recommend The Old Village Post House to anyone wanting something different, quaint and cozy,