“Low Country Boil”

Red's Ice House
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We asked one of our tour guides where we could get a low country boil. This is where we landed and we were not sorry. It is right on the water, very casual and a bit noisey even though we got there early in the evening around 5pm. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was tasty. I had immagined the low country boil being served in a big pot in the center of the table, but it was served in individual bowls instead which was fine. We all had plenty to eat, but it was not the gut busting low country boil that the men in our party had envisioned! The prices are reasonable and I would recommend this for family and friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went with family of six. Only two tables outside could hold more than four. Decided not to wait since the kids already saw the dolphins off the dock. Ate inside at a table next to the band. I had the fish tacos. They tasted great but didn't have much in them. I ended up putting all the filling of the 1 st. Taco into the second to make an average size taco. Kids had shrip kabobs and fish sticks. They really liked their food. The server was fast and great at making sure we had what we needed. She was very quiet and not very outgoing, but efficient. Pretty sure she over charged us for our appetizer. The major down side as a family restaurant is the other people sitting around us. Guys hitting on the waitresses, old drunk guys singing behind us, and the young lady literally passing out and falling off her chair onto the floor. This was Tuesday night at 8! Ambulance was called! Maybe it was sun stroke and not drunkenness, but either way hard to explain to the kiddos.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We met friends here for drinks as they finished eating a Saturday night supper. The entire family said their food was ok, not good, not bad. Service on the patio was good until their dinner plates were cleared, then we had to go to the bar to order our drinks. 3 male bartenders behind the bar and each time we had to stand at the bar for 10-15 minutes before being waited on. It wouldn't have been bad if they would've acknowledged us or something. It was just plain rude. I have waited tables and bartended myself, and there is no excuse, it wasn't super crowded, there were 3 of them, I don't think I will be going back, but if you are looking for a place to hang with a group of friends, drinks, and music you may want to try it for yourself.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very Good Food, right on Shem Creek. Great Location. Service can be a little fast so try to make them slow down. Don't miss the dolphins right outside.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just what I (we) were looking for. Waterfront quasi dive with shrimp for me and fried goodness for mama.
Brief window without the chitlins ( we only had 2.5 hours) but it was awesome! We went there around 4pm on a thursday and were lucky to get a seat. Watched boaters interact with curious dolphins in the creek and had some very reasonable beer and drink selections. Abundant and friendly staff!