“We love dining at Yamato's”

Yamato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“We love dining at Yamato's”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I love Yamato's! We have been there multiple times and always have a great time. The service is always incredible. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that you are well entertained! We particularly like to sit at Ryan's table when we go! He brings a lot of fun entertainment to the table and is always in good spirits. I always get the steak, chicken and shrimp and it is always cooked to perfection. My wife loves the shrimp and sushi rolls. Yamato's is # 1 on our list of favorite places to dine in Mount Pleasant!

• Visited April 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Consistent...good food...but....”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The food is consistently good here. The hibachi show is the same as most places, and it is also consistent. BUT...the only thing I don't like is that they try to shuffle you out of there as soon as possible to make room for the "next' table of 10. I always feel rushed to either finish my plate or put it in a to-go box. I'm halfway through with my plate and the check and a box is delivered to me. If you want to relax and enjoy a meal...probably not the place for you.

• Visited January 2012
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Family Style Dining ONLY”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

There is only seating at the hibachi grills, so no sitting with just your date. My husband and I were seated with two couples and their kids and this did not make for the best dining experience as the kids were playing Angry Birds and the couples didn't really have anything but complaints. We would have preferred sitting at a regular table, just the two of us, but this is not an option at Yamato. Also, the food was just ok and the sodium level was through the roof!

Visited February 2012
Cocoa Beach, FL
“Fun & Delicious”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Met a former class mate when driving through the state and he suggested this restaurant. A local recomends is a good sign. Hibachi chef was fun and skillfull, food was great. Not the cheepest but not too bad.

• Visited January 2012
Auburn
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hibachi style resturant served good Japanese food with pizzazz. It was an enjoyable occasion for the children.

• Visited December 2011