“Best Breakfast Anywhere”

Ranked #20 of 347 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Charleston's Café has been serving the area's finest and most unique breakfast, lunch, and brunch cuisine for decades. Recently voted as East Cooper's Best Brunch restaurant, the great neighborhood café is one of Charleston's top family-run café and catering companies, implementing a delectable twist on traditional southern fare and friendly southern hospitality. The lunch menu features a selection of salads & sandwiches. Be sure to check out "the social scene going on and enjoy the creative dishes" as featured on the Food Network's Hungry Detective.
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The food here was great. No matter where you are on chucktown it's worth the trip. Great original dishes and while you wait for a table they have complimentary coffee outside in the waiting area. Staff was friendly. It's kind of hidden but that makes it all the better. Thanks for the find TripAdvisor!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This cafe has such great food. It is located in a strip center but don't let that put you off. The food is fabulous and generous in portions. They serve breakfast all day and what a delight that is. The menu is varied and creative and the service was really attentive but not overbearing.

I had the crab benedict and it was wonderful I will definitely return.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Located in an unimpressive retail strip mall, Charleston's Cafe left me wondering if we couldn't have found something better for a Sunday brunch. The long line of plastic chairs outside the cafe seemed to imply that there were often long lines of people waiting to get in--we waited 15 minutes at mid-morning Sunday. The coffee pot by the waiting plastic chairs was empty--nice try but not good enough. The place was definitely well-patronized the whole time we were there The service was OK and the food was plentiful, but it didn't knock my socks off. I tried one of the specials--a beef brisket-type of eggs benedict. I was expecting a melt-in-your-mouth experience, but the brisket was kind of tough. If they had served anything like a mimosa or bloody mary, I might have forgiven the food, but the place was dry.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was our first visit to Charleston's Cafe and it wont be our last. It was a Monday morning around 10am and it was still crowded. The menu entrees are not the usual bkfst fare but you dont have to worry about trying something you wont like. My wife and I got a copy of the menu so we can keep track of what we've eaten on prior visits. Honestly, it was dificult to choose.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant USED to be located in downtown Charleston & known as the Charleston Bookstore Cafe located on King Street diagonally across from the Francis Marion Hotel. It took a decade before we discovered it... then after a few years it moved! (But we thought it had closed as several restaurants do every year in Charleston.) A year later as I sat on the deck at Shem Creek Inn reading the Charleston Travel Guide provided, I saw the ad for the RELOCATED Charleston's Cafe! What serendipity! There MAY be a few EQUAL breakfasts in Charleston, but NONE FINER. In season, awesome pumpkin pancakes. So many great choices... but I have a hard time getting past the benedict with fried green tomatoes! Coffee is always great & service is very attentive! We have been patrons for over a decade and stop in 3-5 times a year... it is a priority whenever we are in the area.