“Fantastic”

Ranked #17 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Charleston's Café has been serving the area's finest and most unique breakfast, lunch, and brunch cuisine for decades. Recently voted as East Cooper's Best Brunch restaurant, the great neighborhood café is one of Charleston's top family-run café and catering companies, implementing a delectable twist on traditional southern fare and friendly southern hospitality. The lunch menu features a selection of salads & sandwiches. Be sure to check out "the social scene going on and enjoy the creative dishes" as featured on the Food Network's Hungry Detective.
Gosport, Indiana
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was the only place that we had to wait for a table. I can see why. Potato skillets are great. The blueberry parfait wonderful. Service was great! Wish we could have went to back again.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Angela4997

Pittsburgh
“A must try for anyone who loves breakfast”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The Charleston Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston. Their breakfast is unbeatable. We have eaten there several times and every item we tried was excellent. I personally recommend the southern benedict and my husband's choice is the corned beef hash. The potato casseroles are unique and definitely worth a try. I think there is something on their menu for everyone. The service is as good as the food.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank janjohnpitts
Florence, South Carolina
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Had breakfast here the last morning of a weekend trip to Mount Pleasant/ Charleston & it was a great cap for the trip. They were a little busy but we only had to wait a few minutes. The menu was very extensive and there were additional specials listed on a blackboard so it was hard to decide what to order. I ended up with the fried chicken & waffles, and they came with a strawberry butter that added another great element. I'd like to go back to try their lunch & dinner menus sometime.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank no1fromnowhere
Florence, South Carolina
“Great Food, more of your Charleston Flare uniqueness.”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We ate brunch/breakfast here. No wait, but when we left there was a long line. The place is not very big, so expect a wait it you see people outside. I had the Southern eggs benedict. Sourdough toast, topped with bacon strips, fried green tomatoes, 2 med. fried eggs and hollandaise sauce. It was excellent and different, which was why we went there. My husband had the hash and cornbeef. and said it was excellent. My grits were yellow stoneground and were excellent too. My only complaint was the coffee was too strong for me. My no pulp OJ, not fresh squezed tasted fine to me, like tropicana....which is what I like anyway. You pay for the uniqueness, but worth it for vacation and something different. We would go back again for something else on the menu to try next time, as I had a hard time making up my mind.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank Travelinggirl5557
McCormick, SC
“totally cool”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

If you're looking for something different, try this place. Known primarily for brunch, Charleston Cafe is an "outside of the box" place. The chef is creative to say the least. I had Sunday brunch there and had a hard time deciding what to order. It's not enough that the menu is loaded with unusual combinations of food, but the specials board has many more selection. The "Cafe" is located in a nondescript strip of stores on Hwy 17. What gets your attention is the number of people waiting outside for a table. Mostly they are locals. The fact it was a chilly Feb morning did not deter the crowd. Hot coffee, serve yourself, is there for the taking while you wait. I categorize this as a fun place with spin on great food.

• Visited January 2011