“Charming Inn in Old Mt. Pleasant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
Old Village Post House Inn
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Charming Inn in Old Mt. Pleasant”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were headed to Charleston for the Spring Home & Garden tours and usually stay in town but wanted to try something different this year. We think the Maverick group does a great job so decided to stay at their inn just 15 minutes or so from downtown in Mt. Pleasant. This is a lovely old inn and we had a wonderful room & bath with heart pine floors but do be prepared to do a couple of long flights of stairs. Not a problem for us but maybe for some. They do have an elevator but request you use that for luggage only. We also judge an inn by how comfortable the beds are and we compliment them on their great mattress. We say that as we both have bad backs and walked at least five miles each day & awoke refreshed & ready to go each morning. The staff was friendly & accommodating and we look forward to a return trip.

By the way the Inn has a restaurant. We had dinner there our first evening. I just love Beef Carpacio but am very careful where I order it - again knowing the Maverick restaurants, I decided to try it -Wonderful!! I followed that up with their Veggy dish and that was superb as well!! My husband enjoyed a soup and hamburger.

Lastly, we stopped by the bar late one evening on our return from Charleston & enjoyed a cocktail before bed.

Only weakness was the breakfast. We were excited to see scones our first morning but they were stale & enedible. The fruit was fresh & good as well as the yogurt - but by our third morning their was no yogurt and little else - disappointing.

Room Tip: Believe we were in room # 5 and it was so quiet!! Although others were there we never heard a sound.
1 Thank Clancy159

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Charleston two weeks ago to celebrate his birthday and we were extremely pleased with the Old Village Post House. The neighborhood that the Inn is located in is so beautiful and a short walk to the water. The staff was very pleasant and our room was terrific! We would love to stay at the Inn again on our next visit to Charleston.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We did not stay, but ate at the restaurant and this was by far my best trip to the Post House. I had the pork trio appetizer special and the CAB Bistro steak, both were amazing. My table also tried the flounder which was a substitute for tilefish, and the Thai curry butternut squash soup, both of which were outstanding. We split the red velvet pudding cake for desert which was really good too. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere in the front dining area was really nice.

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took a 2 day trip from NY to Charleston for Christmas, and decided to stay in the Old Village Post House after reading an article on Travel Channel that rated it as one of the places to stay in Charleston. Unfortunately, due to some traveling glitches, we had to call them up at 6.30 PM on the day we were supposed to check in, and tell them that we would be able to come in only by the next morning. Without our asking them, the management did not charge us for that night! That was our first taste of Southern Hospitality :)
Noah, our manager, was a great help when it came to planning our 2 day sight-seeing program.
We also had Sunday brunch and dinner at the Old Village Post House restaurant, and it was AMAZING! The staff is very friendly, the food and cocktails are awesome. Rosemary truffle fries, steamed mussels, pan-seared duck breast are some of the food we tried and it was delicious!
Overall it was a great experience, and we plan to be back here. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasrine l
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Mount Pleasant is one of those special enclaves and the Old Village Post house is at its heart.

High quality B&B with a very friendly team. Take a stroll along the village Streets and dont forget to eat outside at the Post House, weather permitting.

Golf at Patriots Point is a must-do.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to use as a quiet retreat for family members in town for medical emergency. The staff was wonderful in helping me get a room and offering to ask another party to exchange their larger room with me. This was over and beyond what you could ask for in customer service. We had a quiet stay on the third floor.
The Old Village Post House Inn is beautifully decorated, comfortable, and clean. Sorry to say I did not get to eat there this time. Will make a point to do so next visit. It looked and smelled divine.

Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife, a friend, and I went here for supper, not knowing what to expect, trusting on the reputation of Maverick Kitchens (S.N.O.B.). Most of the reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp have been good, but there were a few bad reviews (pretty typical with any restaurant). First my dish: the special Spiced-rubbed Butchers Steak (tenderloin from the upper shoulder) with risotto was one of the best dishes I’ve had in a long time. The meat was amazing and the risotto was perfectly cooked. We’ve had about 10-15 lunches at S.N.O.B. over the years (admittedly not dinner), and this blew away any dish I’ve had from there.

My wife had the Pan Roasted Grouper with corn custard, okra, micro greens, and citrus vinaigrette. She wasn’t as ecstatic as I was but was very pleased with her dish. Our friend, a vegetarian, had the vegetable plate. She was also very pleased with her dish.

Our wine was a Super Tuscan… the Brancaia “Tre.” It was excellent. We had the same wine at S.N.O.B. It’s much cheaper at the Post House. Lower overhead, no doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends