“A must go if you are visiting!!”
Review of Fonduely Yours - CLOSED

Fonduely Yours
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were visiting and found this place from resturant.com. I bought a certificate and we went there for dinner on a Sunday night. When we pulled into the parking lot I was a little freaked out, it looked like a old shack. When we walked in we were greeted by the owner. The place was very cozy and decorated with a bunch of all fondue sets which was pretty cool. He took us to the back of the resturant. It was very dark but pretty cool and felt very intimate. We were greeted by our waiter who explained everything to us. He was awesome!! So friendly and really helped us since we had never eaten fondue before. The salads were excellent, the sweet poppy seed dressing was one of the best I ever had. We ordered the cheddar cheese appetizer. I was surprised when he came to the table
And made it right in front of us! It was very good and definitely not like any other cheese I have tasted. For dinner we ordered the dinner for two which consisted of chicken, shrimp, steak, mahi mahi, pork and vegetables! Everything was great including the homemade sauces. We ordered the milk chocolate fondue which was so delicious, I would have liked to have more to dip since there was some chocolate left in the end. Our waiter really made our experience amazing and I wish we had a place like this closer to home. I will definitely be returning next time I am in charleston!!

There are newer reviews for Fonduely Yours

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I love this place! It is so nice to dine at a place with character rather than going to a cookie cutter chain restaurant. I have eaten here many, many times and have never been disappointed. From the swiss cheese fondue (my fav), to the entree, to the unsurpassable chocolate (with Grand Marnier), this is a meal than cannot dissapoint !! And if you've never tried their mushroom salad, it's worth a trip just for that salad! As for the naysayers...go back to Applebee's or the like for their frozen microwaved dinners. I prefer the real food, and the real character and ambience of Fonduely Yours.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Me, my husband and my sister and her husband went there for Father's Day dinner last night. We ordered the Cheddar Cheese Fondue, Teriyaki chicken/beef, and milk chocolate fondue for 4. Honestly, I didn't care for the Cheddar fondue I think it was due to the beer being in it and I don't drink beer nor do I care for the smell. It lost the taste of cheddar. But the Entree was GREAT. But the dessert was "The Bomb" Chocolate fondue with bananas, cherries, marshmellows, pretzels and more! We were very excited about our 'bonding time" as we made our dinner and we are looking forward to returning again. (Hopefully with a coupon!)

The staff was very friendly. Our waitress was new so we cut her some slack, but she really didn't need it. She did pretty well for being new.

So the morale of this review is go for yourself and form your own opinion! Everyone will think differantly. Also, don't judge a book by it's cover! The outside doesn't look too well, but it was a very nice relaxing dinner!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

While we were vacationing in the area, I took my family of six for the kids' first fondue experience. (interestingly enough, my wife and I dined here during our honeymoon in 1991, when the restaurant first opened.) I read the other reviews, and was a little apprehensive to return, but the complaints were unfounded on the night we visited. The service was excellent, the food was fresh, and the portions were just right. Yes, the place is older and gives you a little flashback in time, but that's part of what makes it fun. I can also tell you that for a 3-course dinner and an excellent chocolate desert the price was very reasonable...in fact, on par with other similar restaurant, but with a much higher fun quotient. The kids talked it all night!

1  Thank tkbocl
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Not sure what the other complaints were by people.. seriously ?? your here to give a bad review because of something you think the owner did away from the restaurant? What does that have to do with their service/food etc? Anyway sort of eclectic/quaint looking place can tell it's not a chain which adds to the experience. Had the cheddar appetizer very good followed by chicken/filet and the milk chocolate amaretto dessert. After using a gift cert from another web site think we wound up spending about 55 bucks after tip which is about half what you would spend at the other mainline fondue chain. Imo food tasted just as good as the other and I would definitely return here again if in the Charleston area.