“UH-MAZING.”
Review of Cupcake

Cupcake
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Wichita, Kansas
“UH-MAZING.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had seen something about this place in a brochure at our hotel while visiting Charleston and I wanted to check it out but didn't think we'd actually make it there. We made a trip to Boone Hall and decided to stop in a nice shopping center in Mount Pleasant for lunch at McAlisters when we saw another Cupcake store next door! Of course I had to stop in to check them out. I assumed I wouldn't be able to get anything as I have an egg allergy, but wanted to see what they had anyway. I'm so glad I did! I asked if they had any eggless cupcakes just for the heck of it, thinking they'd tell me sorry, we don't. To my surprise the server told me all of their chocolate cupcakes were eggless! I had no idea they were a mostly vegan place until she mentioned it. I ended up trying the cookies 'n cream cupcake and I was not disappointed. SO GOOD. Part of this could have been simply because it was finally a baked good I could enjoy without worrying about food allergies! Yes, it's a little pricey. But again, it's something I can actually eat. So I don't mind spending it. And I doubt their ingredients are that cheap if they bake vegan. Also, the frosting was to die for! However, I'm a frosting freak anyway. I'm not understanding people's complaints of the amount of frosting or the size of the cupcake for the price. They have the cupcakes on display. You can see them before you make a purchase. If you can see you won't be happy with it, why go ahead with a purchase? Unless you just want to be able to complain about something. Either way, I really enjoyed my cupcake and wish I lived closer so I could have them more often! I enjoyed it enough to get a cute little t-shirt. Great shop you all have! Keep it up!

• Visited August 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Mt. Pleasant location. Son really liked them.”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

They seemed like very good cupcakes. As I am not a sugar person, have no idea how they can be better as people are stating they expected better. Hmmm....we thought the price point was reasonable and they are better than a grocery stores that are the same price if not more. Son had the mint chocolate, chocolate and red velvet. I was surprised he chose a basic flavor, but then I tried it, it was very very tasty. Only had the frosting, but it was very good. He did not taste the cream cheese frosting in the red velvet cupcake where as I did. Everyone has there own distinctive tastes and we thought it was very good. Space was very nice and friendly and I could see a MOM bringing the kids in for a treat or a birthday party quite seemlessly and easy.
I wish they had mini's bc I would buy a ton for people, but you have pre order but other than that, it was a very nice culinary experience.

• Visited May 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“I could make better cupcakes from Betty Crocker”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I bought a total of 5 cupcakes from the Mount Pleasant location. I ordered the chocolate and red velvet, my son ordered the chocolate marshmallow, or some derivative, and my two other children also order something other than the above. We were all disappointed with our cupcakes.
They were dry and over loaded with semi hard creme. Customer service left much to be desired as well.
Until I visited, I was looking forward to ordering 2-3 dozen for my upcoming birthday, but that's out of the question now.
Barnes & Noble cafe has better cupcakes.

• Visited December 2011