“Horrible revisited.”

Tsunami
Ranked #129 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tsunami is a modern Asian cuisine and sushi restaurant with a full bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, hibachi and other Asian dishes. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Asian cuisine.
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I came in today to have lunch and sat myself up at the bar. It took 5 before I was even greeted. Mind you I was 1 of 2 sitting at the bar. Server couldn't find the house vodka so he poured me a higher brand without offering it for the same price. I ordered a fried crab wonton appetizer which took 20 minutes to arrive - cold and way too fried. Meanwhile, still waiting for my server to grab his attention from doing nothing and ask for a refill, just to be sure I didn't lose his attention again, I quickly closed out and left. No one said thank you or goodbye and it was very unwelcoming. I can see why this place is empty.

1  Thank Jdubya128
There are newer reviews for Tsunami

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our family of four each ordered a different dish and each enjoyed their selection. That being said, there were no "wow's" here. So, if you want a solid asian restaurant, this is a good bet just don't expect anything more than that, which is okay.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

When it is busy, expect to wait. But wait is worth it as the My My Mahi was excellent as was the Emperor roll. We had an order of the Shumai and house salads w/ ginger that were well appointed with cucumbers and tomato. Eel was so good we had 4 pieces and added the smoked salmon. The conch was just OK.

Our server was OK, but the hostesses were very pleasant. Reserve a table on OpenTable for 100 points.

Saleeby Score: Food: 7/10, Service 6/10.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been to Tsunami's on many many occasions. It's never my first choice for sushi in Mt. P, but I often find myself there because it is close to Palmetto Grande (movie theater next door) and they very often are offering a Groupon.

Tsunami's isn't the worst place in the world to get sushi, and it is certainly edible...but go somewhere else if you can. Actually, the sushi isn't my biggest beef with Tsunami's, its the hibachi. It is downright terrible. Please, if you find yourself at Tsunami's, do not get any of the hibachi dinners. The rice is really oily, and the grilled veggies and meat taste like propane.

I do have to give them some recognition for remodeling the space a bit and adding more tables. They used to have a stage at the far end of the dining area, that took up a lot of room. The service has also been better in more recent years. I don't know if it underwent a change in management but the servers are a lot more attentive than they used to be and I think the communication between the servers and the hostesses has also improved.

I cannot comment on the bar scene here, but every time we have gone in the past, it seems to be a busy section and a lively crowd. The bar area is ample and is sectioned away from the main dining area. They have some covered outdoor seating, which I believe is mainly used as a smoking section.

If you are specifically looking for good sushi in Mt. P, try Locals Bar or Tropical Sushi. If you are out to have some OK sushi with some cocktails, then Tsunami's will fit the bill just fine.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here for lunch using a Living Social voucher. What a find! Since we're new to the area, we likely never would have found this delightful restaurant in a shopping center. The sushi was great, the staff attentive (the manager even came over to check on us) and the atmosphere very nice. I was surprised to see a few negative reviews; we were very pleased and we've been to many sushi restaurants on the East Coast. We'll come back for lunch and dinner.