“Excellent!”

Tsunami
Ranked #129 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tsunami is a modern Asian cuisine and sushi restaurant with a full bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, hibachi and other Asian dishes. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Asian cuisine.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here for lunch using a Living Social voucher. What a find! Since we're new to the area, we likely never would have found this delightful restaurant in a shopping center. The sushi was great, the staff attentive (the manager even came over to check on us) and the atmosphere very nice. I was surprised to see a few negative reviews; we were very pleased and we've been to many sushi restaurants on the East Coast. We'll come back for lunch and dinner.

• Visited April 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch our for the double tip”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went there with a party of six. I have always thought that they will add when parties of 8 or more are dining. But with six, this is new. And quite sneaky. I received my check and they added a "large Party Service 358626" charge on my bill. The waitress didn't disclose this. And the fee cam out to 19.25% of my subtotal. Well I tipped her another 15% even though the service was "God" awful. They snuck that in there on me and maybe I should have inspected my bill fully, but really? Don't go here!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Matthew F
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be much better!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been frequenting Tsunami in Mount Pleasant since it opened. We went last night for date night dinner, and I'm sad to say that it has really gone downhill. I thought it was declining a couple of years ago when the restaurant suddenly seemed to become a high school hang out, but my latest experience there was an unpleasant surprise. The ambiance there is gone. The restaurant has been remodeled, and it is unbelievably bright! No what we wanted for date night. The food was still the same and pretty good. Our server was very nice and attentive. With all of the other newer sushi places in town though, I don't know that we'll be back any time soon.

• Visited January 2013
“WAY OVERPRICED...”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place is bizarre, extremely way over prices for something you could go get at your Japanese hole in the way in your local food court. I wouldn't recommend this unless you are wanting to throw $$$$ out for fun....literally

“If I would have been served who knows how this review might have been!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I called at 10:10 pm to confirm hours of operation. I'm told the bar is opened till one am and the kitchen closes at 11. I think I'm good because I'm parked out front. I walk in an go to a table because the stools at the bar are all taken. Well it's now 10:44 and I'm writing this review. Not much it review as I have not been acknowledged by either bartender. Now I hate to bring up race but I am the only person of color. At 30 minutes I believe they have won. No service and I won't return. Did I mention that I had just lost my mother and just wanted a break from planning her funeral. Oh we'll I don't think if they knew it would have mattered.