“Horrible managementand service. STAY AWAY!”

Vickery's Bar & Grill
Ranked #35 of 353 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place has good food but the service and the management are the worst that I have ever experienced in any restaurant that I have ever patronized. I ordered an adult entree for my 8 year old son because I don't like to order off the childrens menu because it is usually not of the same quality of food that is on the regular menu. So I let my 3 year old pick off of his brothers plate. Now the childrens menu was $4.95 for all entrees but the meal that I ordered for them to share was $14.00. $4.00 more then if I ordered 2 children's meals. When I recieve the bill there was a $3.00 plate sharing charge for my 3 year old. When I asked the server he told me that there was nothing he could do it was the policy of the restaurant. . So I asked to speak to a manager. The general manager came over to talk to me and refused to take off the charge. He went on to tell me that I didn't have to order a meal for my 3 year old but because the server saw him sharing the adult entree with his 8 year old brother that he has to be charged a plate charge. I found this absurd that he would charge a 3 year old a plate charge. This level of poor management is the worst that I have ever seen in all my years. If you chose to patronize this establishment keep an eye on what they charge you and don't get the male server that wears girls hairclips in his hair.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have to say, the food at Vickery's was nothing special. I had the special for lunch which was blackened mahi sandwich. It was very spicy, small portion of fish on a huge bun. I know "blackened" is the spice, but all you really tasted was the spice. I had a side of red beans and rice which were good. The service was okay. The view on the other hand really was nice. It is a nice place to hang out, perhaps order some appetizers and a drink, but it was not special enough for me to want to go back.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Vickery's for lunch or dinner is a great treat! Our food came out very quickly. I had the portabella mushroom stack with fried green tomato and roasted red peppers, GREAT!!! Blue cheese slaw is another favorite! My daughter had the turkey on a pita with raspberry mayo! Also, very good!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have eaten at some very bad places, Shoneys is usually a restaurant to stay away from regardless of what town it is located in, but Vickery's was a disaster. Terrible parking, dirty floors (we should have left before we ordered!), flys everywhere, sticky table, and horrible food. Our waitress was good... not her fault that the place is a dump. GO TO STICKY FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife, daughter, son-in-law, grandson and myself were on the water for a very pleasant day of boating and we decided to eat lunch at Vickery's Bar and Grill on Shem Creek. It was approximately 1:45 when we sat down. Our server was at the table right away, and we ordered our lunches. Four of the five of us ordered some sort of sea food, while my wife ordered a chicken "Ruben" sandwich. When another server brought our meals, the sandwich was not among the order. We waited for approximately10 more minutes before our original server came to check on us. He did not seem upset that one of our party did not have their meal. Then we waited another 10 minutes before the sandwich was delivered to our table, and even then the order was wrong! We took it as it was. In the end, the server confessed that he had NOT put the order in for the sandwich. My last trip to Vickery's.