“Good restaurant with stunning views”

Vickery's Bar & Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Telford, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant with stunning views”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went here twice on a recent holiday once with our grand children and once by ourselves. Great seafood selection also burgers, sandwiches etc. The food was delicious and the views from the restaurant excellent. One night we ate on the open deck right by the water we were even offered insect spray if needed, the staff were good and friendly and made sure that everything was OK. I tried the Seared Lump Crab Cakes which were very tasty with a good sauce and vegetables whilst my wive had the Seared Grouper which was also very good. Overall a nice place with great views.

• Visited September 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Good waterfront spot”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you're looking for good grub and a waterfront atmosphere, this is the place to be. Staff is friendly food is alright, beers are cold.
great view of the water and marina close by.

Visited October 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Could use some improvement.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to a doctors appt. in Mt. Pleasant & decided to eat at Vicery's. I was surprised at how grimy the edges of the tables were.

My husband had back surgery 2 weeks ago & needed the elevator - which wasn't working. We told the staff about it & they said: "Oh, the door must have been open upstairs".

We asked for an inside seat facing the water. They sat us at a very nice table, but within 5 minutes they sat 5 people directly outside the window in front of us.

I was told this place was less expensive than the others on Shem Creek, but for sure, it wasn't worth the $2.00 difference of the other places. My husband didn't like his food at all. Mine was just so-so.

I wouldn't go back.

• Visited September 2012
Charleston, SC
“Best restaurant on Shem Creek”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Weather permitting, grab a seat outside and enjoy the fantastic marsh view and look into the harbor. The bar to see the sun set. The bar food is better than the other bar food restaurants on Shem. Still, I wish they would step it up a notch or two.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Alison375
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Watching the pelicans while eating fried oysters is happiness for us”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

As part year residents of Mt. Pleasant my husband and I are regulars at Vickery's. I enjoy the homey seaside feel of the place, the friendly waitstaff and of course the fried oysters. Looking out over Shem Creek makes our lunches feel like we're on vacation. I love watching the pelicans swooping over the creek, waiting for the shrimp boats to discharge the shrimp trimmings overboard. We also like to walk down to Shem Creek after our meal, or to the adjacent Mt. Pleasant park and it's boardwalks down to the harbor.

• Visited August 2012