“Another home favorite! The shrimp and grits are amazing - the crab sliders are enough to split between at people if...”
Review of Boulevard Diner - CLOSED

Boulevard Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Another home favorite! The shrimp and grits are amazing - the crab sliders are enough to split between at people if not three! Great hole-in-the-wall. Highly recommended.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Charleston, SC
“Breakfast, lunch or dinner it's a winner!”
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I've been to the Boulevard Diner for breakfast and had the crab and shrimp omelette. The food was fabulous - everyone loved their selections. The atmosphere was South Carolina - we went on the day that the big state football rivalry was to occur and people came dressed in orange costumes and had rubber chickens on their feet (ok, I digress!) Let's say it has colorful clientele. Another time I went for lunch and had the shrimp and grits - the best shrimp I've had in my life. Especially for lunch and dinner the values are unreal. We turned around to look at the desserts - the volume of cake served in a slice was almost comical. Easily 4 people could share a slice of dessert. I'd love to go for dinner but the only negative is the atmosphere - it's very "old diner" and not exactly a comfortable, cozy atmosphere or a place you'd go to have a romantic meal. However, I still give this place a 5 since if you know that in advance, you'll get a great meal at a great price. Enjoy!

4 Thank CultureHound
Queens, NY
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My family and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at the Boulevard Diner. We arrived just before 6 pm and were seated right away. After 6:30 there was a line of people. We had the seafood chowder soup of the day - excellent. We also shared a spinach pancake appetizer (I can't remember exactly) but it was creamy and yummy. My husband and I had the parmesan crusted scallop special which was delicious. The scallops were fresh and they must have given us each 8-10 scallops. My mother and brother both had the grilled tilapia which they said was very fresh. The sides we had were not that great - pinto beans, coleslaw and mashed sweet potatoes. For dessert we shared the cherry cheescake and red velvet cake - the slices were huge so we brought the leftovers home with us to enjoy later! Overall we had an affordable and delicious seafood dinner. There is absolutely no atmosphere inside, but the staff was excellent and the prices were right. None of the seafood specials were over $14.00. Try it and you'll like it.

2 Thank Lily223
los angeles
“Get there early!”
Reviewed March 9, 2007

On the two nights I visited the Boulevard Diner, the line for tables started snaking out the door around 6 p.m. By then, the rib-eye special ($12) was already gone.

Here's what the locals know: the diner does not take reservations, and it offers good food at very low prices. The place is friendly (an old Dairy Queen, huh?), with fast service. Specials and desserts are chalked on a blackboard. I can vouch for the roast turkey. I never did catch that rib-eye steak, though; the Diner was closed on Sunday!

5 Thank wheninroam
Knoxville, TN
“Good place for the family”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

The place looks like a burger joint from the outside, the tables, chairs and booths make for very plain seating in a seating area that's not too big, but the food is really really good...not to mention affordable, too.

Wife had grilled scallops over a bed of salad greens with cucumber dressing. I had a grouper fish sandwich with a side of cilantro mashed potatoes with lime butter, and the kids both had chicken strips with french fries. We also had both red velvet cake and coconut cake for dessert.

The food was very very good and had the homemade taste. There was lots to choose from including burgers, corn dogs, pinto beans, greens, several different kinds of homemade cakes and several different seafood dishes. It's an eclectic place with good food and even better prices. I enjoy places like this - especially on a beach vacation.

5 Thank tmynatt