“Wow- What a surprise!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wow- What a surprise!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have eaten at the Boulevard many times and it is always delicious! On my last visit I had one of the best soups I've ever had!! Soup is not something I would normally order, but this one on the daily specials board sounded so different that I had to try it. It had black beans, grilled pineapple, sweet potatoes and crab. I know, what a combo! I ordered a cup of soup along with my meal and I wish I had made it my meal!! The restaurant is small & you can see the kitchen from the dining room so, on my way out I asked the guys that were cooking who made the soup? The chefs name was Ron. He could not have been nicer or more humble. When I told him how wonderful and creative I thought his soup was he just said "Thanks, there's nothing to it, real easy to make". Well, it probably is for a talented chef like him, but I would never have thought to put these items together!!! You can bet that I will always be trying the daily soup special when I see he is there!! Our waitress was wonderful!!! Great prices!!! Always a good meal!

1 Thank Grits2329
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the soup and the cooking of our amazing chef. Please stop by again soon.

“DELICIOUS DINER!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch. Med it just in time for the daily linh specials. My friend had the fried flounder sandwich and I has the fried eggplant with bleu cheese and marinated tomatoes. This is not a greasy spoon diner plenty items to choose from that aren't fried - great food and service was A+!

1 Thank SRFWTCH
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't miss this local gem featuring excellent daily specials and fresh desserts!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those amazing little roadside places that should be featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives". It's also one of our favorite lunch stops when we're visiting the Charleston area. Always filled with locals and featuring a variety of daily lunch specials and fresh desserts, there is little doubt that you'll find something you love when you eat here.

When you first arrive, it doesn't look particularly impressive from the outside. I think it's an old Dairy Queen building and the care and attention here has gone into the food more than the decor. But as soon as you walk in, just focus on the "Specials" board and you'll see why this place is different. You can order from the menu if you like, but I suggest asking your server to make a recommendation from the board. It changes daily and always has a local flair.

On our most recent visit, I tried the Seafood Penne Pasta with shrimp, calico scallops and salmon tossed with a mushroom cream sauce w/spinach, tomato & red onion. This was a seafood pasta dish that rivals any of the high priced seafood restaurants around Charleston but here it's only $12! You can't beat that price for the quality of this dish.

My wife got one of the perennial favorites - the fried flounder sandwich. She loved it and let me get one small taste. It came with a huge pile of sweet potato fries for only $10.

Whatever you get, save room for one of the daily desserts that come in fresh from their local bakery called The Village Bakery. This time we had Hummingbird Cake. Not surprisingly it was fresh, moist & delicious.

If you're in Mt. Pleasant, try what all the locals already know and treat yourself to lunch at the Boulevard Diner.

1 Thank CecilGreen
Charleston, South Carolina
“Killer Breakfast”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Want a BIG breakfast but don't want to drain your bank account. Well this gem in Mt. Pleasant is the place to go. Always busy, waitresses always attentive and you can usually see the ubiquitous proprietor from time to time. These folks know the right formula for running a good restaurant. Almost anything off the breakfast menu is good. Ms Priscilla was out waitress the the most-ess.

1 Thank JPSaleebyMD
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Typical diner - but in a good way”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is very hard to find a "real" diner anywhere except the northeast/Mid-Atlantic. This one fit the bill. It is unprententious and the food is good. We came for breakfast and it was spot-on. Don't come expecting linen tablecloths and fine china. Come for the satisfying food and efficient service. If we are back in the area, we will eat here again. Maybe try lunch this time instead of just breakfast.

1 Thank diner-WS