“great food!”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We all enjoyed this place. The food was great. The interior and definitely the outside was dated but still fun. Staff was friendly. Food very good! Desserts were delicious too (but they seemed pricey.)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is just okay. Good, plain food is on the menu on the wall, but very good service is their style! We feel that the food used to be fresher than it has been lately! But it's hearty and filling!

SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thanks for your feedback on Boulevard Diner Mt. Pleasant. We're thrilled that we were able to provide you with great customer service while dining with us. We'd like to address the food you received. Can you tell us what date and time you visited? Thanks and hope you'll try us out again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I had to be at the Veterans Hospital, over the bridge in Charleston, for a follow up visit and I have been trying to make the appointments in the mid to late morning so that we can try new places.
We tried The Boulevard Diner last month around noon. It was a cool looking place in a funky type of way. We were seated quickly by our friendly server Cheryl and the place was pretty busy. My wife ordered the Spinach Crab BLT which sounded good because it had fried green tomatoes on it. . She said it was dry and she could not even tell if there were fried green tomatoes on it....this ...coming from a lady that knows her fried green tomatoes because...not bragging...she makes the best fried green tomatoes on the planet. She did tell me she would rate it as average but I think she was rather disappointed and said a plain old BLT would have been better.
I ordered the Lunch V&P which was vine ripe tomatoes and the P was either pimento cheese or peppers .made into a quiche type pie. It came with a nice little plain tasting salad. I would have to say that I would have to rate it as average or below because to me, there was not a whole lot of flavor going on.
Would try this place again but would want to know, beforehand, more about which items on the menu are recommended by other Trip Advisor members or locals.

Thanks for checking out the Boulevard Diner. We're happy to hear that you were impressed by our staff. We strive to provide great service and food. Can you tell us what date/time you visited, so we can investigate why your food wasn't top notch? Thanks and hope you'll stop by again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

So we were stuck in Mt. Pleasant and did not want to wait an hour at one of the typical seafood joints around and just wanted a quick good meal. After pulling in and checking the place out, I'll admit it looked a little sketchy. I saw a couple people leave, but being a big fan of Diner's Drive-in's and Dive's, I knew it had to be good and we decided to stay and I'm glad we did. After some seating snafu, I ordered the turkey dinner that came with 3 sides for 11 bucks! Big spender, so I was super hungry and decided to add the fried green tomatoes-yummy sauce. The turkey and dressing was heaven on a plate. Best dressing I've had and my mama is from Louisiana! We had a mini-fight over the mashed potatoes, they were sooooo good. Turkey was cut perfect and was very flavorful and moist. Collards were amazing. Everything came out fast and hot and I took it home and ate the leftovers for breakfast. Skip the seafood and trying something new next time you visit. Server was a little spastic, but it could be overlooked for the food.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A terrible looking place. Even the signage looks terrible. The Southern Style food they serve is excellent! If you like Crab Cakes, try theirs. They are very well prepared! I like their Lima Beans and Blackeyed Peas. Wonderful selection of cakes for dessert. Lot's of locals eat here. Fantastic, friendly service, and not far from the Charleston Resort and Marina if you happen to be staying there.