“Still dreaming about the coconut cake!”
Review of Mustard Seed

Mustard Seed
Ranked #26 of 347 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was visiting Mount Pleasant for the first time. On my last night there my friend & I stopped in for coffee and dessert. We had the coconut cake and the hummingbird cake, both were very delicious. They tasted fresh and moist, but I have to say the coconut cake was amazing! The server was attentive & friendly. The Mustard Seed will be my first stop next time I return to Mt. Pleasant, looking forward to trying other items on their unique menu.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is an updated review from 2012 when I showered accolades on this nothing-fancy, nondescript restaurant. But frankly there are so many restaurants in the area that I hadn't been back until recently. What a mistake! It's now my favorite lunch spot and I've made up for my absence by coming here multiple times in the past month alone. Great, fresh food. Excellent selection (like a fried green tomato-salmon-BLT). Out-of-town guests love this restaurant. Super menu. Nice folks (like Sal, the owner, and Jessica, the wait staff). Nothing but good things to say about the Mustard Seed.

1  Thank TravelerNorfolk
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stopped here for Sunday brunch. The lines for the downtown Charleston restaurants were just insane.... and really, the food there has yet to live up to the hype. We found this gem outside the city, and were so thrilled we did! I had the most delicious shrimp frittata, and they went out of their way to make (not on the brunch menu) black bean burgers for my vegan husband. Why this place was nearly empty, I have no idea... the food was excellent. The only reason they didn't get 5 stars was that the coffee wasn't very good. It tasted "industrial" - like the kind you get in hotel lobbies with the continental breakfast. But overall, I'd say very worth the visit. You won't be disappointed in the food. Oh, and their homemade raspberry jam is amazing!

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch. I had the chicken pad thai and she had the black bean cakes. Both were excellent and the service was good.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Mustard Seed offers daily specials as well as a regular menu. Delicious crab cakes and the shrimp macaroni and cheese is to die for. Save room for cake! Coconut cake is divine!