Review Highlights
Great time with a great Captain!

Reviewed June 10, 2018
Troy O
via mobile
“Bull” Redfish Charter w/Captain Addison

Reviewed October 27, 2017
Larry L

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

What a great time. Did a half day trip with Capt Addison and could have gone for the whole day. He was quick with plan and figuring out what we wanted. He came prepared with live shrimp and we quickly got some bait fish. The rest of the time we were on the fish and caught some huge Red Fish. Super cool guy and went above and beyond to ensure we had a great experience. Will be using him again.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

Friend & I,both longtime freshwater fisherman opted for a saltwater experience . Both of us were impressed with this young man’s knowledge & ability to locate & put us in a position to catch some fantastic fish. Could not have imagined a better trip, so hats off to Captain Addison & his dedication to being a top notch charter fisherman!!

Reviewed April 19, 2017

Capt. Addison is fantastic. He took me, my son and my good friend and his son to some great local spots for redfish. (First we went and caught our own live shrimp for bait). It was a great all around trip. He is super helpful and friendly, not to mention knowledgeable. We caught over 20 fish in about 3 hours of fishing. Thanks Captain!

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Capt Addison was professional, courteous and put us on the fish. He was a perfect teacher with the boys we had on board. I highly recommend letting Addison put you and your kids on big redfish in some of the most scenic fishing spots in the US. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Captain Addison Rupert met us right on time, greeted us by name and had all the poles, bait and skills we would ever need! After going to the first destination, due to a low tide, he decided to move over a bit and after spotting some 'nervous water', he set the boat, rigged the three of us and we were instructed to wait. Well, one by one we caught red drum, and then more and bigger ones and it didn't let up. 30 fish later we were amazed at his professionalism, skills in adapting to the situation at hand and getting all of us the largest fish we had ever caught. It was a fantastic day. We had clear instruction, he orchestrated all the unhooking, baiting and taking pictures for our adventure and was very patient with our limited level of saltwater fishing. I felt safe on the boat getting out and back and most comfortable with his balance of focusing on the goal while making my 2 young sons feel at ease with casual conversation. Great day, great confidence in him and ultimately very pleased with LCOA for this awesome morning of fishing.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

It was felt his inexperience results in a lack of attention to details that good guides have. Our group felt boat & equipment not cleaned & maintained to better guides standards. The one hook up we had broke off because line on reel was tangled after half spool pulled out and only had a limited amount of fresh bait. His communication skills do need work including warning passengers when taking off as passenger was injured falling. When fishing not good did not have an alternative plan to at least engage clients and with 4 passengers often only fished 3 rods. Although fishing tough most other guide boats caught fish. He did seem knowledgeable and has a desire to succeed. Hopefully he will read reviews and learn.

Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

Great fishing! Captain Addison Rupert is a Charleston native who loves sharing his hometown with visitors. He also has a passion for finding and catching fish! As an avid fisherman who has chartered many a vessel, Lowcountry Outdoor has to be one my best experiences.

Captain Addison makes it all happen, he is both professional and flexible to address personal requests. He is not one of those "old crusty, prima donna's" who make you feel like that they are doing you a favor.

On this trip I brought my wife and daughter who had minimal experience, Addison made everyone comfortable and was fast to serve all our needs. If you want first rate boat, quality equipment, and Captain who hustles to get you fish on.... Call Lowcountry Outdoor.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

I have had the pleasure fishing with Addison on several occasions, with clients and my wife and friends, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Capt Addison is by far the most knowledgeable and most pleasant person I have ever fished with; he was able to explain to those who were "first timers" what we were fishing for and his personality made the trip that much more enjoyable. I have used several guides around the country and Addison is by far "THE BEST"

Reviewed September 12, 2015

The three of us; 2 men, one women went on labor day weekend and could not have had a more awesome experience. Captain Addison is polite, respectful, and really knows where to land the fish. We are from PA; our friend from Summerville and we were all impressed with his knowledge of fishing; he also got us out of a storm at the end of our six hour trip without a problem; I would highly recommend this young man as your next charter boat excursion. Thank you Captain Addison

Reviewed July 19, 2015

After being late and then not even introducing himself to myself and Family, the kid took us on a uneventful and very disappointing trip. To sum up our trip, Our unfriendly and un-knowledgable captain was on his phone for 3/4 of the time. In addition to that, he was literally taking selfies of himself while we were on our way out at 6:30 in the morning. I have three daughters myself, so I still have yet to understand the obsession with modern day technology with some of these kids, but thats a different conversation.

1  Thank Jack S