“Awesome place. Really close to IOP.”
Review of Basil Thai

Basil Thai
Ranked #16 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Awesome place. Really close to IOP.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a great place. Upscale and trendy yet not pretentious. Great happy hour pricing in Dinka upstairs. Awesome staff. All around really great place in Mt. Pleasant.

• Visited March 2014

Newmarket, ON
“Delicious! A must!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Between Isle of Palm and Mt Pleasant, this restaurant is a hidden gem. And I mean hidden as its a bit difficult to find. Its definitely worth searching out! Fabulous patio, outstanding food and service. If you do nothing else, order the soup, it is presented in the most interesting way. I make it out to IOP a couple of times a year, and always, always, plan at least a couple of dinners/lunches at Basil.

• Visited October 2013
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“The best Thai food, Hands down!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am very fond of Asian food and have recently been broadening my horizons to Thai food. I fell in love with this place just walking in the door. It really is a nice place, and has great ambience for a romantic dinner. We ended up ordering the fresh basil rolls and the stuffed shrimp appetizers. AMAZING. I still think about those appetizers and crave them. I ordered the Basil mixed seafood for dinner. Finished all of it. It was so good. My husband got the Basil duck... he didn't like it too much, but I think it's just because he wasn't too fond of duck. The dish was still delicious. Of course, we got dessert and ordered the green tea fried ice cream. It was the perfect end to this meal. I will definitely go again and again while we live in Charleston.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, fresh and lovely!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I can't imagine making a visit to Mt. Pleasant without going for Basil Thai food! Amazing presentation, tasty food and good service. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere well worth the time spent. I absolutely enjoy the many dishes they serve and, really, could not pick just one for my favorite as they all hold a special place in my tummy!

• Visited January 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Thai restaurant in Charleston area”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We love Thai food and this is the freshest, most flavorful Thai we've had anywhere
One of us always has to have the pad Thai, but the curries are outstanding also. The atmosphere is upscale modern oriental; the ceiling is a work of art. We prefer this Basil Thai to its sister restaurant in downtown Charleston where the same feeling of spaciousness and serenity is lacking. This is our favorite restaurant in Mount Pleasant, and we try to get there once a month.

• Visited January 2014