“Delicious! A must!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Between Isle of Palm and Mt Pleasant, this restaurant is a hidden gem. And I mean hidden as its a bit difficult to find. Its definitely worth searching out! Fabulous patio, outstanding food and service. If you do nothing else, order the soup, it is presented in the most interesting way. I make it out to IOP a couple of times a year, and always, always, plan at least a couple of dinners/lunches at Basil.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am very fond of Asian food and have recently been broadening my horizons to Thai food. I fell in love with this place just walking in the door. It really is a nice place, and has great ambience for a romantic dinner. We ended up ordering the fresh basil rolls and the stuffed shrimp appetizers. AMAZING. I still think about those appetizers and crave them. I ordered the Basil mixed seafood for dinner. Finished all of it. It was so good. My husband got the Basil duck... he didn't like it too much, but I think it's just because he wasn't too fond of duck. The dish was still delicious. Of course, we got dessert and ordered the green tea fried ice cream. It was the perfect end to this meal. I will definitely go again and again while we live in Charleston.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I can't imagine making a visit to Mt. Pleasant without going for Basil Thai food! Amazing presentation, tasty food and good service. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere well worth the time spent. I absolutely enjoy the many dishes they serve and, really, could not pick just one for my favorite as they all hold a special place in my tummy!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We love Thai food and this is the freshest, most flavorful Thai we've had anywhere
One of us always has to have the pad Thai, but the curries are outstanding also. The atmosphere is upscale modern oriental; the ceiling is a work of art. We prefer this Basil Thai to its sister restaurant in downtown Charleston where the same feeling of spaciousness and serenity is lacking. This is our favorite restaurant in Mount Pleasant, and we try to get there once a month.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went in on a chilly winter Thursday. Still had about a 30 minute wait without a reservation. That would make you expect a special occasion. It wasn't. Basil has an attractive, slightly hard-edged decor. Service was okay, but silverware replace or reuse (one of my pet peeves) was "reuse" between appetizer and main course. The Yum Kung shrimp salad was good, not great. I splurged on one of the most expensive "House Specialties", the Crispy Red Curry Duck, also listed as the chef's signature dish. Once again it was only good. The curry was tasty, the flavors well-balanced, but the duck was not as tender as some I've had elsewhere. My wife tried the tilapia and shrimp entree and it was actually the winner of the evening. Wine was relatively expensive by the glass. Overall, a good, not inexpensive, dining experience, but definitely not the best Thai choice in this town.