“Total gem of a place”

The Pickled Palate
Ranked #18 of 350 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We arrived here at 2:40 knowing they closed at 3pm. The staff could not have been any more welcoming. The hostess with the glasses just makes you feel right at home; she is such a friendly, lovely person. She had recommendations for what to eat and we ordered their 2 specials - the tuna melt and the Reuben. My wife and I usually share our food or offer each other a bite of the others's lunch. We did not on this occasion; instead we ate slowly and quietly in sheer happiness of our sandwich choices. Such a great place. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I love love love The Pickled Palate ! It is my fave eatery in Mt Pleasant with a fun atmosphere and stellar, local, fresh selections! From salads to sandwiches the menu has a great variety to choose from!

My fave sandwich is the Turkey on marbled rye with sprouts, Spring mix lettuce and a drizzle of homemade Balsamic dressing!

You also have to try their million dollar dip or crab dip with crackers! The Best !!!

They have this incredible garden which is very pet friendly and fun for parties, meetings and weekends!

They have an awesome wine and beer selection as well as soft drinks and bottled Coca Colas which I love.

Don't miss a chance to eat at The Pickled Palate or you'll be missing out!!!!

1  Thank Missy J
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This place is adorable. It could be right in the middle of Greenwich Village in NYC. The crew were amazingly nice & made us feel comfortable & welcome. You order your food before you sit down & are handed a cup with ice. On your way to a table, you pour your own drink - which was never refilled by the waitress. I didn't like having to get up to get more. The place is small, which adds to its charm. In nice weather, the yard is filled with artifacts & tables to eat at. There's things all over the place to buy - like handmade crockery & nick knacks. My only problem with the entire place was that the floor is soft. A man at a table near me was shaking his leg & my soup was jumping - quite annoying. This old building needs to be shored up.

As for the food. It's definitely different - quite intense. We both ordered the roasted tomato soup. It came in old teacups. My cup was small & chipped; I felt cheated. My husband had the tuna sandwich. It was fresh tuna & way too fishy. I had the Ruben, which was ok but had much too much sauerkraut.

Although we were glad to have experienced this place, neither of us would go back.

2  Thank Marilyn N
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The first time I went here we had champagne with our sandwiches; the owners were so warm and friendly and the character of the place is so eclectic and inviting you just have to love it! On our last trip there, we took our daughter for a birthday lunch and were given a table in the little building out back and we had it all to ourselves. She felt so special, and they were so nice to check on us and bring us everything we needed. And the food is always so good -
Just an all-around great place !

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The owners of this place have style out the wazoo and have created one of those totally unique places that are hard to replicate and impossible to forget. Wonderful, simple and inventive food, wine, gifts and the best gift of all, the two sweet, funny and sincerely nice women who will make you want to return. Don't miss this Mount Pleasant GEM!

1  Thank plaidandstripe