“Small but WOW!”

Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, KY
“Small but WOW!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Found this small Italian restaraunt in a "strip mall" but you forget where you are the minute you step inside. Like many Italian restaraunts in Little Italy in Boston - this gem only seats about 25-30 people but you get personal attention by the owners. The chef owner came out to say hello in a very think Naples accent and all food was garaunteed to be home made. Good wine selection and as a veal lover - I was very happy to see a good selection of veal dishes. I had the veal picatta - which parallels dishes I have had in high end places. I wished they had a sampler platter of all their veal dishes as I wanted to try them all. My friend had the lasagna which filled the plate and tasted as good as it looked. My only regret is I did not find this place until the last evening of my trip to Charleston but believe me - if I get back to this area - I am definetely coming back again!

• Visited December 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Who would have thought?”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

OK... so they are located in a small shot-gun slot in a strip mall. Not impressive, but in with a good bunch to choose from (along side a Japanese steakhouse, a typical Tex-Mex restaurant). While not impressive until you walk in... the small, comfortable and cozy environment made you feel that you were somewhere in Tuscany!

The cozy trattoria like atmosphere lended itself well to what came out of the kitchen. It did help that there was some heavy Italian accents emanating from the kitchen. Authentic scents and smells helped as well. And WOW, when the plates came to table, they were on par with some $50+ a dish dining establishments. Really, no joke here.

Our server was Karen (a native of Peru) so that SouthAmerican accent was welcome in the place (only the discerned traveler could figure out the difference). She was pleasant, attentive and generally of happy disposition (ie, she liked her job and it was obvious).

My wife ordered the Bruschetta as she wanted to eat light.

I ordered the Special of the day... Mussels and Scallops over angle hair pasta in a white sauce (Capellini Alla Napoletana). OMG... yes OMG... it was so good and a belly filler.

Must return for more of this amazing food at a reasonable price. My dish was $23 and worth every penny. Sharon's Bruschetta was $9 (a bit high for what it was). But we still managed to dine under $36 for 2.

On the Saleeby Scale: Will have to give this one a 9/10 for Food alone and a 8/10 for everything else. Bravo!

Ciao,