“Fabulous burgers, but so Much more!”

Sesame Burgers & Beer
Ranked #35 of 327 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hormone free custom burgers with vast array of options for toppings as well as free range chicken and turkey burgers. Also, offering vegan house made veggie burgers, salads, craft beer and full bar. Perfect for entire family. 3 locations in Charleston area.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous burgers, but so Much more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We love to go to Sesame for their burgers, custom grilled chicken sandwiches and salads. The menu is great, but the chefs always have a fabulous selection of seasonal specials, so I frequently am drawn that way. They love to use fresh local produce in a creative way. This is typical of their sister restaurant 5 loaves too.
We went to a beer tasting last night that truly blew us away though. The chefs paired 6 courses of craft beer with amazing food that was comparable to anything in the many fabulous restaurants of Charleston. There was a flauta that I hope we will see on the menu soon. The other courses were varied and delicious. If you get a chance to go to one of their beer dinners. Grab it! If you can't get to one, get there for $3 burger night on Tuesday. One of the best deals in town.

• Visited June 2013

south carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is one of my favorites in Charleston area. They do it right. Everything is made in house, meat is grass fed, hormone free - good quality. Dressings are homemade and excellent. Guacamole is great and is a good amount for a good price. Their burgers are great but their other stuff rocks too - onion rings, BBQ nachos, fish tacos, salads... they're are all great We got at least once a week.

Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“yummy!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The burgers are ground in house and they taste like it too! one of my favorite saturday afternoon places to just eat, chill, and relax. The service is great also. I keep seeing people get their milkshakes so that is on my list to try! Make sure to get your burger medium so that you can taste all the goodness!!

• Visited May 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Asked at our hotel where to get a GOOD burger and were directed to this place. Loved the atmosphere, great service, big selection of beer and wines and yummy food. Even made their own sauces! Great at what they do!

• Visited April 2013
Gardner, Colorado
“One of the best meals I had in Charleston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I came to Charleston to eat southern food and came away with a surprise top-5 best meal at Sesame Burgers. My friend and I got a plate of sliders, sweet potato fries and onions rings. We were just stopping for a snack. The three sliders, however, were each their own decent sized burger. They've got a long menu of options, which makes me nervous for how can someone cook so many things so well. Only one visit so far but each item we got was a food adventure. One slider was a fig & bacon jam, one with homemade pimento cheese, the other with cole slaw, bbq sauce & cheddar. All scrumptious. Best sweet potato fries we've ever had; they dust them with parmesan. Great onion rings. It's a fun festive place.

• Visited April 2013
murphyeve, Manager at Sesame Burgers & Beer, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate your strong and positive response. I am originally from the beautiful state of Colorado, so I am very grateful from one local to another.