“Slow, but we'll go back”

Sesame Burgers & Beer
Ranked #32 of 340 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Hormone free custom burgers with vast array of options for toppings as well as free range chicken and turkey burgers. Also, offering vegan house made veggie burgers, salads, craft beer and full bar. Perfect for entire family. 3 locations in Charleston area.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Slow, but we'll go back”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was probably our 3rd or 4th trip to Sesame. My husband and I love the food! The place has a great concept, great food, and a fantastic price. This last trip, they just didn't seem to be on their A game. There was a host stand at the door but no host, and nothing indicating to seat yourself. So I waited. Finally (I think it was a bartender?) told me I could sit where I wanted. I choose an empty booth along the wall. Apparently it had just been cleared, there were still water rings from the glasses. That didn't really bother me, but no one came back to wipe it off either. Then my husband joined me and we waited some more for someone to bring us menus. The guy who brought us our menus wasn't our server, I think he may have been the missing host, or possibly the manager. The food was wonderful as always. A creature of habit I tend to always order the hotdog and some fries, but I'm never disappointed. My husband built a burger, but his favorite is a vension stew special they have offered in the past. Once we placed our order we didn't see our server. Someone else brought out our food and got the napkins and mayo we asked for. When our server finally did make an apperance he kept trying to take my husband's plate away even though we told him he wasn't finished with it. Probably the most frustrating part of the entire visit when when we were finished and our plates had been taken away (again by someone who wasn't our server) and we were looking for our server so we could get the check. He was at a nearby table and looked up and made eye contact with my husband twice (generally a pretty good indicator of acknowledgement) and still walked away from us when he was done with the table he was at. Normally the servers are friendly and attentive, hopefully this lackluster service is not going to become a habit because the food is amazing and the price can't be beat. There aren't many places that boast food of their quality where a couple can get a filling dinner for under 20 dollars.

• Visited January 2013
murphyeve, Owner at Sesame Burgers & Beer, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
So sorry you received slow service at our newest venture. We are definitely tightening up some things in Mt Pleasant, and are getting it under control. Reviews like these only force us to be better. I appreciate your honesty and look forward to having you back.

casey

Conway, South Carolina
“good food cold beer”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

great sevice, 20 craft beers on tap, homemade katsup and mustard. Burgers made anyway you want them. the best thing on the menu is the Broiled Sweets (sweet potatoe fries with blue cheese adn balsamic reduction drizzle)

Visited January 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We eat there at least once a week and have never been disappointed! Today I had a wonderful duck confit with balsamic glazed bacon, mixed greens, grilled tomato salsa and sun dried tomato bread and my wife had modified dish, a chicken vice burger, Napa Valley salad which has grilled chicken with blue cheese and a bacon fig jam with a red wine reduction. Both dishes were great.

• Visited January 2013
murphyeve, Owner at Sesame Burgers & Beer, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We appreciate your response. Thanks to our wonderful management team, we are running a great restaurant.

Casey
New York City, New York
“5 for food, zero for service, this is a tough one”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wow is the food good. The sweet potato fries with blue cheese and prosciutto, in a wine reduction, was amazing. The burgers are great. This is high quality food. But oh my goodness is the service slow and well ... terrible. Everything was wrong. Ask for unsweetened tea and get sweet tea (because, and this is a quote from the server, "someone from the kitchen is helping out and didn't know the difference). Had to ask several times for plates and napkins. The food came out wrong. If the food wasn't so good we would have walked out.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Beer Battered Fried Burger!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Beer battered deep fried burger... the entire thing was fried-cheese, bacon, burger, bun and all. I went with my family for brunch on Sunday morning and wow were my taste buds blown. My vegetarian daughter enjoyed the omelette she was able to create and I can't express enough how amazing that burger was! Thank you to the pleasant staff, Melissa, our server especially, for making this experience the best I have had so far at one of our favorite family restaurants in Charleston. We will be returning soon and I hope the fried burger will be an option more often!

• Visited December 2012