“Burton's Grill was a pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burtons Grill

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Upscale Dining in a Casual Environment. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Children's menus available. Happy Hour daily from 4 pm to 7 pm.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Burton's Grill was a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The decor was nicely done and had the feel of an upscale restaurant. The wait staff was very attentive so give them high marks. I have the mushroom ravioli in cream sauce with chicken medallions and my friend had the chicken dish with two different topping on it. Both were very tasty. The bread and oil dipping sauce was delightful. For dessert, I had the flourless chocolate cake which was delicious. The only negative I have is the noise. There was a group cocktail party in the bar area which was loud and carried into the restaurant. Plus, given the dining area is so open noise tends to echo and carry throughout the room. I found myself having to repeat everything I said and you couldn't hear across the table. Aside from that, it was very good and would recommend. I may try it for lunch as the sandwiches on the menu looked yummy.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't let the orange sign fool you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friend and I were looking for some place different for lunch and decided on Burton's Grill, in spite of the plain orange pancake-house-looking sign. When we walked in, we found the decor to be hip and modern with a dark, fancy restaurant look. Our server, Greg, told us that they buy all their produce locally from Boone Hall and even grow some of their own on site. The lunch menu has sandwiches, salads, chicken, fish (don't remember what else). My friend got a chicken club with avacado. I got mediteranean chicken on risotto with goat cheese (which was a little strong for me but probably good for goat cheese lovers). It was all very fresh. I would like to see more than one soup choice and a soup and salad combo on the lunch menu. Service was excellent. I'll go back, for sure.

“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Love the fact most of the food is from local farms and they have a great herb garden on-site. We had the stuffed zucchini and my wife and I both loved the flavor. We shared the Mushroom Ravioli with chicken and found it extrememly flavorful. Wife also loved her pairtini. We had the chef's dessert whichw was a berry cobbler and found it very good and not too sweet.

My only disatisfaction was our waitress was not to be found during our dinner. Another wait staff brought our dinner. I would have loved some parmasean cheese on the raviolli.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Nice looking place, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch on Tuesday. The place looks very nice. The menu has a nice selection of items. We ordered the stuffed zucchini and calamari for appetizers they were very good especially the stuffed zucchini. Our server Ryan was very attentive and knowlegeable with all of our questions. We ordered the mushroom risotto, Mediterranean Chicken, Salmon Piccata and a Burger for our lunch entrees. The food came out timely. The presentation was nice and the flavor was terrific.
We are looking forward to our next visit for dinner. I think that the bar would be a great place to hang out for cocktails, especially for happy hour. I'm excited to visit Burton's Grill again.

“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I decided to try the new Burton's as we had lived in New England for a time and wanted for some good clam chowder. The clam chowder did not disappoint . However, the rest of the meal and service were only average. The rueben was overpriced for the quality. Fries were burnt and luke warm. The shrimp poor-boy was also just average with an over toasted bun and skimpy dressing. Service was below par. I waited ten minutes for my beer. When the server was asked a question, he proceeded to look off in the distance when providing his answer. But they did have about seven pretty girls at the entrance to open the door and escort you to a table. Very disappointed and not at all quality food nor service.

• Visited August 2012