“Just Average”
Review of Burtons Grill

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale Dining in a Casual Environment. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Children's menus available. Happy Hour daily from 4 pm to 7 pm.
“Just Average”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I decided to try the new Burton's as we had lived in New England for a time and wanted for some good clam chowder. The clam chowder did not disappoint . However, the rest of the meal and service were only average. The rueben was overpriced for the quality. Fries were burnt and luke warm. The shrimp poor-boy was also just average with an over toasted bun and skimpy dressing. Service was below par. I waited ten minutes for my beer. When the server was asked a question, he proceeded to look off in the distance when providing his answer. But they did have about seven pretty girls at the entrance to open the door and escort you to a table. Very disappointed and not at all quality food nor service.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Burton's Grill at Town Center, Mt. Pleasant, SC”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

(Copied from my facebook.) We went to the new Burton's Grill fror Lunch. It was a 10 out of 10! I think I always find a little fault (thanks J.O.) but this place was fantastic. I had the Scottish picata salmon with caper and citrus on pasta. Honestly, I am not a fan of putting fish "ON" anything white except my plate. Well, I was wrong on this one. The thin noodles were bathed in the caper/citris sauce that was light, and went well with the fish and pasta. The fish was cooked perfectly. Just past the medium rare stage. This is the point were fish is delicious, soft and full of flavor. YES, please try them and let me know how yours was. Shelley and I were impressed at the 6-8 local vendors they use for food sources and their own fresh herb garden in the front of the store too.

• Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“THE DESSERT”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I heard about Burton's and decided to give it a try today for lunch. The service was wonderful, the atmosphere very nice, sandwiches tasty, but ah the dessert we had the chef's special praline, carmel and vanilla bean ice cream delight! Try it if is available again it was heaven!

Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Only second night, but it was just great!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were able to get right in on the second night they were serving! What a treat! The waitress explained that everything is cooked fresh to order per our dietary needs! We were so happy! We got bass on risotto, and salmon over angel hair pasta! It was all fresh and perfectly seasoned! We splurged on an individual key lime pie, and it was the best we've had bar none! My husband had some delicious wine, recommended by the waitress! The owner came to greet us, and he is a very nice fellow! We can't wait to go back and take friends! The entire staff were knowledgable and friendly! We liked that and we loved the sophisticated atmosphere! The decor is upbeat, modern, and lends itself to being moderate in noise level.

“Wonderful Cuisine”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Burton's Grill! The food was amazing and so was the service. Burton's is originally a restaurant from New England and it is the only one in South Carolina. My wife enjoyed the hummus plate as an appetizer and the grilled Scottish salmon with risotto and snap peas. I enjoyed the clam chowder for my appetizer and the grilled swordfish with risotto and snap peas. We also had fresh baked focaccia bread with pesto and extra virgin olive oil. Everything was wonderful and we will definitely be back again!