“Fruit Flies”

Indigo Grille
Ranked #204 of 327 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The food was fabulous. This restaurant is hidden in the Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina where the water taxi operates over to Charleston. Next to the USS Yorktowne ship.is rightright next to the USS yright next to the Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
New York
“Fruit Flies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Breakfast was nothing to write home about. I am glad it was included for us, but to think others paid $13 per person for nothing more than eggs and bacon was crazy. In the Indigo restaurant we were sitting next to the wall, when I noticed small fruit flies all over the wall. When I brought it to the attention of one of the staff member they apologized and proceeded to wipe down the wall while we were still sitting at the table, which caused the little bugs to fly right into us and our food. So grateful we were done eating at that time.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank christinek28

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Breakfast Buffett”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great selection and at decent price ($14). There is a continental option for $7, I think. Staff was friendly and helpful

Visited June 2013
Ringgold, Georgia
“Great buffet breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast everyday before we went out on our adventure of the day. The buffet was included in our package that we purchased from Groupon Getaways!

Visited March 2013
west end nc
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The breakfast buffet was very good. The hot items were fresh and hot. The fruit and pastries were excellent along with the coffee

Visited March 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would not waste your time unless staying at resort for convenience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went there for Valentines Day dinner with my wife. It was hard to get them on the phone to make a reservation as they hardly ever answer their phone when transferred. Took me 3 attempts before someone actually answered. No joke there. When we were taken to the table by our hostess/waitress (same person), the chair still had old dried food on it. The waitress who took us there did not offer to nor try to attempt to get another chair- my wife actually swept it off with her hand while I asked her if I could get her another one and looked at the others, but she insisted on sitting (as to not make some sort of scene about it). The other chairs at our table and the one next to us were all in bad need of cleaning anyways and almost just as dirty. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir and it was brought to the table already uncorked and was dumped directly into both glasses without any presentation whatsoever, spilling some down the sides of the glasses and dripping onto the table as the glasses were put back down - and then I found cork pieces in mine, which I fished out. The waitress tried to put the cork back in and I asked her not to, so she placed the bottle on the table. Never even acknowledged or made any effort to rectify the problem. She then poured water into the glasses, spilling water and ice cubes on the floor - which were never cleaned up. She asked us if we were ready to order so we put in an order of bisque for myself and a oyster gratin appetizer for my wife to start with, which the bisque came out almost immediately and the appetizer about 10-15 minutes later. The timing was way off there. Bisque was “ok”, oyster gratin was not very good – very bland and tasteless. We ate more bread as we waited a bit for entrees. Food entrees (Filet Oscar)was just ok- mine was undercooked (ordered med. rare and got rare)and the wife’s was fine. Sides ok. Dessert was good- with Crème Brule – that was the best part of our dinner. Service was what made this one a no-go for us to ever go back. Being Valentine’s Day, we just wanted to get through dinner and remain positive, but felt this needed follow up. Never saw a manager and never was asked how things were overall, except by the waitress at the end, who we were just trying to tolerate by this point. We do not recommend eating here for the price you pay and the service you get - and it is supposed to be a RESORT. This is a big misrepresentation here.

• Visited February 2013