“Fresh, Healthy & Delicious!!!”
Review of Puree Cafe - CLOSED

Puree Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Fresh, Healthy & Delicious!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I visited Purée for the first time last week with my 2 children, ages 8 &5, and my sister, who is Vegan. Originally I chose Purée simply due to the Vegan menu as my sister is limited to where she can eat an entire Vegan meal in a restaurant. I have to admit I did not have high hopes for the taste of the food but both my children and I were pleasantly surprised! All of our meals were delicious and the only thing that prevented us from returning during my sister's visit was time. I will definitely be returning with my children as they raved about their meals (grilled cheese & cheese quesadilla). I enjoyed the Mediterranean platter which was a great sampling of several dishes and more than enough to share. My sister loved the satay sandwich and even my son agreed that it tasted like fried chicken. We purchased some desserts to go as well and we Ll enjoyed those later that evening. I highly recommend Purée. I will be returning myself soon and am thrilled to have found a healthy restaurant that the whole family can enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Melanie T

Charleston, South Carolina
“Tasty but pricey = so so value”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The dinner we had was indeed tasty - you can tell a lot of thought and care went into the menu items. We had the empanadas appetizers, jalapeno cheddar burger, tempeh sausage burger (both with the quinoa side), a glass of wine and a cocktail. With tip, the bill was $70. Ouch! I appreciate the quality and care the chef obviously takes with the food. Maybe I'm not used to veggie/organic pricing. I understand they likely have to pay a premium for such ingredients, but these are NYC prices in a small town. My main gripe though was that there was a ton of cilantro in all of it. Cilantro is one of those herbs you love or hate. It was in the guacamole and pico with the empanadas, on the cheddar burger, in the quinoa and I think on my wife's burger too. There should be fair warning. I'm vice president of the cilantro-haters club. The breakfast menu looks great, so I may give it another shot - after I get that raise at work. :)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jkarennj
New York, NY
“Yummy, Healthy, Fun”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love this restaurant. It is in a location that makes me forget it is there, but I always get a great meal here. Great for couples, friends or kids. I've taken my kids here several times and they always have high chairs and activities for them, coloring, etc.

They have a breakfast dish with kale that is amazing, but all of their food is good. So are the smoothies.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank bbdeluca
Charleston, South Carolina
“Creative, organic food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really love Puree. The food is fresh, organic, and healthy - but it doesn't taste healthy; it tastes sinful! It's THAT good. My very favorite thing is the Deep South Sandwich, Buffalo style, but I've never been disappointed with anything I've gotten. The service is friendly, and almost everything has a vegan option.

• Visited May 2013
NC
“Wonderful Find!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved this place! Was looking for something vegan in Charleston, without much success. Stumbled on this place almost by accident. My husband ordered the Blackened jalapeno cheddar burger and the server recommended the Mediterranean platter for me. I could not have been happier! Everything on the platter was good, but the falafel was GREAT! My husband was also please with his burger. He ordered the Ginger citrus slaw as a side and it was really good. We took an oatmeal cookie and banana walnut cheesecake home and both were excellent. I would go back in a heartbeat and would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013