“Better than a hotel stay!”
Review of KOA Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
KOA Campground
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. The location to the beach was perfect! Not too close for tourism traffic but close enough to visit each day. The facilities were extremely clean withy the friendliest, most helpful staff. We stayed here in an RV. Will be returning tomorrow for 10 days! Can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Gsmith80
There are newer reviews for KOA Campground

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We just checked out this AM. What a fun stay! We surprised the kids with a lakeside Kabin and it was so cool. We fished but only got a few small ones and a couple of turtles. (May try lures next visit instead of freah bait.) Went for a Canoe ride they enjoyed seeing the lake from another view. The pool was nice and refreshing! Laundry facilites were clean and quick to use. Kamper Kitchen was a big help to get dishes done. The only thing I would have liked to see is a bit more attention to the bathroom shower area next to pool. It was not bad but it could use a bit more mopping from time to time to prevent slipping. It did rain so the Kabin was a huge help. Will go again!!

Room Tip: Lakside Kabins or lakeside tentsites.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Housold
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this KOA! We have been to several other KOA Kampgrounds, and this is by far the best. The tent sites are separated from the RV and trailer sites, so you are not bothered by all the noise they make if you are a tent camper. The pool is nice and refreshing, and the lake is absolutely stunning. The tent sites are spacious, and the staff is amazing. We were stopping through and only needed a tent site for one night. They were able to fit us in - on a holiday weekend. The staff were able to answer every question we had, and the bathrooms were clean and convenient. The location is great - the beach, downtown Charleston, and tons of family fun are all very close. We will absolutely be returning for a longer stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank shwjmpr23
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We began coming here when I was about 8 yrs old and I'm 27 now. We've watched it grow and change into a wonderful campground that you don't have to leave to have a great time and you're a short trip from anywhere. The view, staff, and location has never changed from absolutely amazing. We've been email friends for a long time and they have watched me grow up just as I have them. The drive from Columbia, SC is 1&1/2 hr. drive so it's not too far considering my single mom has taken me to KOA's all up the East coast in trips to Nova Scotia, Michigan U.P. into Canada, and 30 days at Cape Hatteras KOA in Outerbanks-NCarolina. We prefer KOAs from our trip experiences and this is probably the best or tied for a close second! I will say there was an ant issue a year ago but it has since been eradicated. Seriously people your camping, don't complain about a few ants. Jeanna will have any issue or problem that you have fixed and done so promptly. Just Ask! At $50-70/night the cabins are cheap and clean. Even the ones on the water are $100-250/ a night cheaper than almost any hotel in Charleston. The bathhouses can get dirty because your near the beach and there's sand all over the place...since IT'S A BEACH! The showers and b-rooms are cleaned twice daily, very up to date, and handicap accessible and equipped. Basically, if you don't like this place you don't need to ever go camping again because this is barely campin anyway! I'm writing this from my cabin that I rented for my Gf's. birthday. She's had a blast and is sleeping next to me. So, shhhhhhh!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The staff here is so friendly. Bathhouses are clean and well maintained. Sites are level and also well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was by far not only the nicest KOAs I have ever stayed at but probably the nicest non-primitive campsite I have ever stayed at and my girlfriend agreed with me. The lake is beautiful and is home to some nice sized bass. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and the firepits and grills were well maintained. It's seems a little pricey but well worth it, if you are tent camping you don't need to spend the extra $10 to get the covered picnic table and electricity, the other sites are just as nice. Maybe the coolest part of this place is not that it's a quick 10 mile car ride to downtown charleston but that there is a go-kart track and sweet arcade within walking distance that's open till midnight on the weekends (they serve beer too!!!) my girlfriend and I had such a great stay we didnt want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank paulytob
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Spent several days in a Casita caravan and the view was fabulous. We were by a small lake . The campground was well kept quiet and the staff was helpful. All hookups worked perfect as did the Wifi and cable.
I did not use bathing facilities,kitchen,etc so I cannot review those..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Pleasant
Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt...
#19 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Best Western Charleston Inn
#24 of 61 in Charleston
French Quarter
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
#5 of 61 in Charleston

Been to KOA Campground? Share your experiences!