“Good food for a good price”

Coleman Public House
Ranked #12 of 347 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hours. Great food. Great beer selection. Excellent service. I do wish the whole restaurant had more of a pub feel. However it is very comfortable.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

You must try the corn and crab fritters! Amazing! The Asian glazed ribs have always been my favorite until now. The burgers are great as well. Staff is always friendly and the beers are always cold.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

After a day of boating, we stopped in for burgers on the recommendation of friends who live in the area. Good selection of different and interesting toppings, but we were disappointed overall.

The meat itself appeared to be pre-formed patties cut by a machine, and they were undercooked and just not that tasty. Toppings were good and fresh, but brought down to average by the meat.

Fries were just ok. Even the Parmesan-Truffle Oil fries that so many people rave about were over-the-top greasy.

Service was good, not great - for a Sunday night at 7pm with just a couple of other tables sat, it wasn't hard to take care of us.

This is definitely an if-you're-in-the-area place. I wouldn't make a special trip.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife had the Salmon and I had the regular burger, and fries with Parmesan and truffle oil. Our food was perfect, the place has a comfortable and casual atmosphere, and the service was excellent.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ate brunch here Sunday with the family. Seems like a nice enough place...definitely friendly service. Bloody Mary and mimosa were both very good. My wife and I are suckers for a good burger, so we were excited about the options on the menu. She had the fungi burger with gruyere and I had the one with goat cheese and roasted tomatoes. Much to our chagrin, no amount of wonderful toppings can overcome an unseasoned, pre-formed hamburger patty. What could have been wonderful was just "ok." Truffle Parmesan fries were probably the highlight of our visit. Probably won't be back simply because there are too many great options in the area to have "ok."