“Highly recommend”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

The flatbreads are incredible and the beer selection is just as impressive. Great service every time and always leave there happier than when I arrived. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Food was delish! Ribs appetizer was to die for. Meat just fell off. Burgers were amazing. It's a keeper!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Weirdly, my shrink has been bugging me to check out the Coleman Public House for years now...I'd always drive by it when in Mount Pleasant, look at it, and go "eh, some other time". Now that I've been there, I wish I had heeded his advice years ago! (that's true of my therapy, too, in general, but that's another story).

First, it is pretty unassuming from the outside. Basically down the road from Patriot's Point, it's not in any particularly special location. Don't be fooled (as I was for so long) by this; inside the Public House is very tastefully decorated with very clean lines. Oh, and they have like a MILLION beers, many you have never tried before. This is the perfect place to go after a day in the 140 degree heat at the Yorktown or USS Laffey exhibit at Patriot Point, but I digress.

They play Pandora or something like it, tuned to a nice Alt-Rock station. The servers were all very young but VERY knowledgeable about the beers and menu.

We had the Fried Green Tomato Napoleon (Fried Green Tomato, Vine Ripe Tomato, Goat Cheese, Pesto, Balsamic Reduction), Shrimp 'n' Grits, and the encrusted yellowfin tuna. Everything was quite excellent. Lest you give it a pass because the menu sounds too fru-fru, the burgers looked INSANELY GREAT and I'll order one next time we're in town.

Kid friendly.
Highly Recommended

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, food is creative and delicious, and huge variety of beers.
Highly recommend!

1  Thank Josyta
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Been here a couple of times for happy hour, and love that CPH has one of the best beer selections in Charleston and probably the best in MtP. The bartenders are knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. Haven't eaten there yet, but my MtP buds tell me the food is fantastic.
Definitely recommend.