“Great food, friendly and professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carter's Kitchen - CLOSED

Carter's Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shelmore
Fort Lauderdale
“Great food, friendly and professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I had dinner, Saturday breakfast and Sunday brunch at Jacob's Kitchen in June ... while staying at the Inn in the same building. All of our meals were delicious and the service was excellent and friendly. We had just left the Lodge on Little Saint Simon's Island ... where the food was incredible ... so the fact that we enjoyed our meals at Jacob's so much may be an indication of just how good the food was. We shared the macaroni and cheese as a side dish at dinner ... oh my, so not healthy but so delicious. I remember that I ordered oatmeal for Saturday breakfast ... after feeling so guilty about the mac n' cheese the night before. It was healthy AND delicious. And then I had some amazing french toast at Sunday brunch the next day ... You should try this place!

Charleston, SC, USA
“Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is a nice place for Breakfast or Dinner. The dining room is attractive. The staff is pleasant. We live in the neighborhood, so we can walk to meals there. Many of the dishes feature fresh, local ingredients. In pleasant weather outdoor dining on the porch is a treat.

1 Thank WilliamHamilton
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good, not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

We ate in Jacob's Kitchen for the first time tonight. I found the food to be good and a good value for the price. Not top notch Charleston food, in my opinion. I made reservations, which they had no record of when we arrived. No matter as they were at a maximum of half capacity for the evening.
We had the shrimp and red pepper fritters for an appetizer. They were nicely seared on the outside, but soft and mealy on the inside and fell apart when you cut them.
The salmon entree was cooked to perfection and my husband found it to be quite good. The mahi mahi entree was somewhat mixed. The fish was delicious and properly cooked, the succotash under it was somewhat overcooked and heavy. The prices were quite reasonable with both entrees being less than $16 each. We had the appetizer, 2 entrees, a bottle of wine and shared a dessert for a total bill of just slightly under $100. That is a good deal in Charleston. Is it what I would consider "fine dining"? No, it is however, a good value for good food. Our waitperson K.J. was very pleasant and the highlight of the evening.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Confirmed...Best Restaurant in Mount Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Took the parents to Jacob's Kitchen last Saturday. Wasn't overly busy which was a great thing for us. Had KJ as our waitress this time. Last time we had David.

Apps
We ordered The Asapragus Fries - so unique, incredibly crisp.
Lobster Mac n Cheese! One of the best apps I have ever had!

For Entrees
My wife ordered the Farm Raised Beef Ribeye! Wow. All I have to say is it was one of the most incredible steaks ever....so tender. I was jealous.
I ordered the Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin Cutlets served over Mac n Cheese! Wonderful
Dad went with the Scallop Special which was incredible and my Mom had the Salmon.
Every single one of us agree the meal was one of the best. This place is just good over and over.

Best food in Mt Pleasant.

Yes, better than Langdon's and even our other favorite 17 North.

I put down casual dress....it is Khaki's and golf shirt FYI..leave your JORTS at home on this one.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Upscale Southern Cuisine at Down Home Prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I ate at Jacob's Kitchen for both dinner and a few breakfasts when we were staying at the upstairs inn. Without a doubt it was THE BEST food we had while during our entire stay in Lowcountry (Charleston, Beaufort & Savannah.)

The restaurant itself is really lovely. For dinner we sat outside on the porch in front of the cozy fireplace, as it was an October evening. It was half-price Wednesday on wines - we ordered a bottle of champagne which paired nicely with the selection of appetizers we ordered.

Everything on the menu looked great so we decided to do a sampling from the appetizers. We had the fried green tomato tower, the BBQ shrimp & fried grits & the ahi tuna.

Our waitress was friendly and informative. Each dish she brought out was beautifully plated - very upscale. Even better, was that they tasted better than they looked! It was exciting to see down home cooking being celebrated. We loved the inventive presentation and flavor combinations.

During our trip we at the most celebrated restaurants that Charleston and Savannah have to offer. Without a doubt the best was Jacob's Kitchen. It was so nice not to have to fight for parking or walk a million miles to a parking garage like in Charleston & Savannah.

How fortunate the community of I'On is to have this little gem as their neighborhood restaurant. It's perfect for a casual evening with friends or a special occasion with family.
We will return again and again.