“Christian Wows”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shelmore
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We just returned from a week-long visit to Charleston, SC where we stayed at Carter's Inn On The Square in I'On. There is Carter's Kitchen on the ground floor and the Executive Chef is Christian Watson. A wonderful, personable and creative chef who prepares all his food with passion and talent. My wife Joan and I particularly enjoyed getting to know the two" Megs" on staff and Jennifer the hostess. There is a full bar and a nice wine and beer selection, with many good wines available by the glass. Among the entree's we enjoyed were the prime rib and the pork shank. There is a full breakfast served to guests at the Inn and the level of quality did not diminish at the morning meal. Our only regret was that we missed out on the Sunday fried chicken due to a late tee time at Wild Dunes. But, we will be back!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were in town for the Food and Wine Festival and looking for a place to cap off the weekend - Carter's Kitchen hit the spot. Excellent service (Kathy Jo). Everything from the okra to the crispy fish/shrimp and the famous fried chicken was well prepared. Don't miss the kale salad and of course the warm chocolate pudding for dessert. We'll be back.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wonderful evening! Small plates are great! We combined to create custom meals. Our waitress, K. J. was the best. Knowledgeable and honest. We sent a bottle of wine back without a blink of her eye! Cozy and intimate atmosphere.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Loved the summer squash ravioli. Portions are just the right size with small plate options for smaller appetites. Very varied menu options and excellent, friendly and unhurried service. Located in the beautiful Ion section of Mount Pleasant...definitely planning a return visit!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Dinner at CK was bland,the service was strained and the food was boring.
Obviously a popular local eatery because the place was crowded and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. The restaurant is pleasant and the staff were polite but it seemed to be missing something that I can't put my finger on.
Our fried oyster starter was overbreaded so the oyster flavor was lost,it was ok
Main course was the small plate ravioli ,three pieces for twelve bucks seemed a little wanting,my wife eats like a bird and even she was surprised at the portion size. I had the fried fish, although there was plenty I felt it was undercooked and my grits were cold and stodgy.
We probably hit the place on an off night because why would it be so packed but all in all I was disappointed.