“Good food, friendly staff”

Gilligan's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food here is pretty good, but not great. I had grilled scallops which were tasty. A couple of those in our party ordered grits. They said they were good (they are cheesy grits...I assume this is all they serve), but, as far as grits themselves go, they weren't the best they had. The other items were average to good. The hush puppies were very good.

The service was pretty good but, more importantly, very friendly. I wouldn't necessarily seek this restaurant out, but I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I found that the service was swift & friendly. The food was delicious with generous portions.
The atmosphere was what one would expect in a seafood restaurant, and nicely decorated.
Enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. We were quickly seated and quickly waited upon. The hush puppies and grits were superb. Our seafood was cooked perfectly and tasted super fresh. This was the best meal we had while visiting Mount Pleasant during a 4-day trip!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family of 14 ate at Gilligan's for the first time over Easter Break. Very busy - had a long wait and the manager was very apologetic. Service was very prompt and the food was outstanding. I had the gumbo which I highly recommend. Since I am diabetic, I asked for it without the red rice. One grandson had all you can eat shrimp which they kept coming without a long wait. We ordered a variety of food including crab cakes, fried seafood, steak, crab legs, etc. All great. I was impressed with the prompt service since they were very busy. Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank FrequentTraveler0308
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Gilligan's in the past whenever we visited IOP or Charleston. Little concerned when we read some reviews. Worries things going downhill. The Mount Pleasant location is still terrific. We ate there at 7:00 PM on the Saturday of the CRBR. We waited about 10 minutes for a table. Our server was prompt. Hush puppies were a little soggy - but still good. The fried shrimp was hot, fresh, and portion large. My wife and I split the "captain" portion (large-supper) and we could not finish it. The dining room manager was on the floor speaking with guests and assisting servers.

I highly recommend Gilligan's, especially for families.