“Good neighborhood Mexican food”
Review of Los Compadres - CLOSED

Los Compadres
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New Mexican Restaurant that is incredible!
Description: New Mexican Restaurant that is incredible!
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a very quaint Mexican restaurant with friendly service and authentic food. I was a little surprised with how small the tacos were, but they were very good. Some people don't care for the homemade chips, but I like them. Be sure to request the hot salsa if you are adventurous.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our kind of place! Very friendly service in a pleasant dining space. Atmosphere festive and not overdone. The food was delicious - we each tried a special. Chips & salsa very yummy. Looking forward to a return visit - feeling lucky that Los Compadres is just 10 minutes away.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Reading other reviews of this restaurant, we were expecting much better. I'm not sure how it has been rated so highly. The positives were the friendly atmosphere and excellent service, including a very friendly young man, the owner's son. The beer was very cold. The food, while it may be authentic Mexican seemed to lack flavor. It was fine, but nothing to write home about. We had carnitas, fajitas and enchiladas.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the Mexican Steak and it was the best I have ever had. My wife had the cheese enchilladas and she loved them. My mother-in-law and daughter had tacos. They both had second orders. Everything was so fresh and had such great flavor. Margaritas and chips and salsa, excellent. This is definitely a place we will visit again.

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went here because it showed up on Yelp as "nearby". So glad we did. Excellent family run restaurant in a small shopping center. Place was simple, clean and comfortable. Quick service. The best carnitas I've had-very tender, not fatty or greasy. Decent glass of wine too! Highly recommend-everything (or almost) made in house-great salsa, tortillas etc.