“Southern Food at its best”
Review of Pages Okra Grill

Pages Okra Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Southern Food at its best”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I could have eaten here every day! Everything that we tried was wonderful and the prices are very reasonable. Try this restaurant for comfort food.

1 Thank PerlTravel

West Lafayette
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

One of our best dining experiences while in the Charleston area. We’d hoped to have dinner here after seeing it ranked #1 in Mt. Pleasant. Since reviews were equally enthusiastic for breakfast, we arrived about 10 for our final meal before flying home. There was a lively crowd that seemed to be a mix of locals and tourists, and waits for inside or outside dining. Despite that, we were seated quickly, near the entrance which may be as quiet as this place gets. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Knowing this might be our only meal of the day, I couldn’t resist the “Redneck Benedict” which was very filling with 2 eggs, 2 large sausage patties, biscuits and gravy AND a large bowl of grits ($8). Three-egg (they use Eggland’s Best) cheese omelet with biscuit and home fries was $5.75 ... and was very cheesy. Coffee and tea is $1.80; kudos for keeping them under $2. All the desserts looked delicious and we left with a slice of chocolate cake to enjoy later. Page’s menu states their goals for serving the public (unusual and admirable), and their success is evident in the crowds that kept coming all the while we were there.

1 Thank Mack3065
Richmond Hill, GA
“Interesting, different”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I didn't realize how highly rated Page's Okra Grill was until after I got inside. It was the full parking lot that got my attention. And it looked nice from the outside.

I gave this establishment an Excellent rating because of the price which was phenomenal. For not much money I received very good food. There was no draft beer but a reasonable selection of imported, bottled beer.

I ordered the Shrimp & Grits. Although the shrimp looked and tasted local and the sauce was very good, the fried grits stood out. They made an excellent structural base to the meal. I wish I could have eaten it all but it was more than I could handle.

The ambiance was OK. Lighting was turned down which was nice. The tables and room were kind of plain but I wasn't paying for anything more. That was obviously what everyone else wanted because the place was almost full on a Tuesday night at 6.

I think that most people will be very happy with this place unless they want to pay more to get more. Downtown Charleston is for that.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Eric H
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great Southern Food”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited Okra's Grill while on a trip to the states. While in Charleston I wanted to experience local cuisine (often, opinion of US cuisine outside of the US is "fast food"). I had the pulled pork that came with a BBQ sauce, mac and cheese and deviled beans. I really enjoyed this meal! Pork was tasty and deviled beans were spiced perfectly. We had to wait a little while for our table but our food came quickly and was delicious - would definitely like to eat here again when I'm back in the states. Can highly recommend if your a tourist and not sure where to go.

1 Thank Vtro
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great food at great price”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This was great southern comfort food- chicken biscuit with gravy, cheese, and jalapenos. Pecan waffles. Chicken fried steak. Yum. It was so great we went back for dinner! They smoked their own pork on the smoker out front.

1 Thank janemegg