“What a disappointment”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We don't get over to the East Cooper section of metro Charleston, SC very often, but, when we do, we like to have lunch somewhere. We tried this place several times before and, while not overly impressed, enjoyed it enough to return. This time around, however, was our last time for sure. We both ordered the hot & sour soup, which was so salty as to be almost inedible. My wife ordered the Thai beef salad, which was a step in the right direction but ended up a failure as it was absolutely soaked in the dressing and too bland to recommend. I had stir-fried mixed vegetables (made spicy, please) which were OK but not enough to make up for the other poor dishes. The server was cheerful and prompt; the hostess was very pretty and efficient. These were the high points of our visit. If you like real Chinese food, stay away.

There are newer reviews for P.F. Chang's

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Even though all of our party had not arrived for our reservation, we were seated right away which was nice. I declined the booth right behind the hostess station, and we were seated a booth away with no fuss. I placed drinks and appetizer orders for our half of the party. The rest of the party arrived 5 minutes later. We placed their drink and all the entree orders. Our appetizer had not been served by the time our entrees arrived. I cancelled the appetizer order. It was presented to us any way at no charge. Our water glasses were kept full. The waiter checked on us frequently but not too often. Our food was hot and delicious. The lemon chicken was a bit overfried, but the Mongolian beef and Pad Thai were outstanding. Our total bill was correct. We definitely will be back!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had never been to a PF Chang but had heard numerous people tell of such a great dining experience, We recently ate at PF Chang in Mount Pleasant, SC, and came away with a much different experience. Arriving a little after six we waited about half an hour for a table, we were fine with that based on the the expectation. After ordering we waited an hour for our entrees. As the server served the meals we noticed a burned smell. One of the entrees was definitely burned, smelled and tasted so. It was replaced. Our server disappeared for large segments of time. We were greeted by a manager who offered free dessert due to the delay. When time for dessert choices arrived we asked our server how many desserts were being comped. We were told, "not sure so just order what you want". We ordered desserts for each of our party. The server returned, again after a lengthy disappearance, with our desserts and the bill. She stated that only three of the desserts were being comped but we would have to pay for two. We asked for two to be returned and removed form our bill since we only ordered as we were instructed. We would not have ordered any dessert had it not been offered. Management did comp the other two desserts and gave us a $25 gift card for our "next visit". Needless to say, after burned food, a three hour stay and several other "challenges" we gave away the gift card. We'll stick with Red Bowl!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I love PF Chang's but not the Mt. Pleasant one. The food is not as good as other locations. Very disappointing!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Perhaps it's a mixed bag, better some visits than others, but today's visit for lunch was a disappointment. I recall on other occasions superb food, but not today. Sweet and sour soup was gelatinous and sweet, but not very exciting, isn't this a soup that ought to zing? The fried prawn spring roll appetizer was good, but the sauce was so-so. The dim sum lunch special I ordered was inexpensive - $7.95 - but I wished I'd made another selection once I received it. Sticky steamed wrappers were good in individual steamers, but fillings - I had pork and shrimp - were strictly ho-hum. The shrimp dim sum were filled with breading (HUH!?) with a sliver of shrimp. If you're looking for a high-calorie bomb, this is it.... But thanks, I like some veggies and protein to match up against the carbs, if you don't mind. My guest had the beef salad which she enjoyed and it looked great, filled with lots of interesting vegetables, greens including cilantro, as well as exotics like pieces of mango. Dessert was the salted caramel chocolate cake, an interesting combination, and I loved it matched against the dark chocolate cake, but sweetness level was off the charts. Service today was impeccable, organized and efficient (I'd had some issues in other visits in this department, so this was an improvement), and the decor of course is interesting - edgy, modern and refined -- very much like how the nights clubs I visited in Beijing were decorated. I'd say to be successful when you visit here - ask your waitstaff to help guide you to the better menu choices.