“Great fun”

Segway of Charleston Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 32 Tours in Mount Pleasant
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway of Charleston Offers Guided Historic/Scenic Tours and Half and Full Day Rentals. One hour and two hour tours available at 9:30am, 12:30pm and 3:30pm Monday through Sunday. A Segway PT (Personal Transporter) is a self-balancing, two-wheeled vehicle that is a fun, easy, eco-friendly way to tour and travel Charleston. Segway of Charleston offers tours from its location on Coleman Boulevard. These tours highlight the rich history and inherent beauty of Charleston.The Patriots Point Tour glides along smooth sidewalks, nature trails, piers and grass. The tour includes scenic destinations such as USS Yorktown, Ravenel Bridge, Charleston Harbor, Downtown Battery and a two-mile nature path that leads to a lookout dock offering scenes of Fort Sumter and Charleston's skyline.The Old Village Tour, a one-hour excursion through seven stops, includes historic homes, churches and a Masonic lodge, as well as Revolutionary and Civil War landmarks. Riders will enjoy countless picturesque locations and vistas of the Charleston Harbor. The one-hour Pitt Street Bridge Tour presents tour-goers six charming stops and an abundance of unique sites. A brief history of the Old Village starts the tour before proceeding to Alhambra Hall, overlooking Charleston Harbor, and the breezes of Cove Inlet and Pitt Street Bridge. The final tour combines the Old Village and Pitt Street Bridge Tours,and is two hours in length. Riding on an electric vehicle is a quiet, fun, unique way to quickly cover a lot of ground and take in both the scenic and historic. Come enjoy the glide!! Directions: 695 Coleman Blvd. Turn into GDC Home Furniture and go around the very back of the building to a big gravel parking lot and you will see another building attached which is our office. Please call to schedule tours.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I did a tour at Disney a few years ago and every since then my father-in-law has wanted to do this. We found these tours online and thought it would be a great thing for the 4 of us to do. Could not have had more fun. The tour through the "Old Village" was great and allowed you to see parts of the area you normally would overlook. The in-laws, who are in there upper 60's, had a blast.

There are newer reviews for Segway of Charleston Day Tours

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tac was our tour guide, we have been on several Segway tours but he gave the most in depth training and safety class we ever had. We learned things about operating a Segway's we never knew. Our guide was very friendly and personable. His knowledge of the area was remarkable and was willing to give any information to help with our vacation stay in Charleston. He also offered for us to call anytime with any questions of the area. Mount Pleasant is a very quiet area with lots of history. I recommend this tour to anyone that would like a great tour on a Segway.

From Florida Dennis & Pearline

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and I had a great time today touring with Segway of Charleston. Tac, our tour guide was very nice. He made sure that we were all comfortable with the use of our Segways before starting our tour of the Old Village in Mt. Pleasant. There was alot of interesting history to see and we finished off the tour with milkshakes at a local pharmacy in the Old Village. We had a great morning touring with Segway.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just had a great Segway tour while in Charleston. The tour is actually of old town in Mt Pleasant across the bridge. Beautiful little area, so was not disappointed with the surroundings. Tac was completely professional, from orientation and safety training (apparently I missed the part about not getting off the Segway if it is not against a wall or something), until the return to our originating location. Readers and reviewers need to get past the location and office behind the furniture store. You aren't there to Segway in the office........ Tac is a small business entrepreneur and his focus on the essentials like safety, training, and your overall enjoyment of the experience is palpable. Our group consisted of 2 adults and 2 teenage girls. The training was well suited to the group and we picked it up in no time. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a little history lesson, wrapped up and delivered with a cool experience. If you are looking for a fancy office or tour of DT Charleston, this will not meet your expectations. If you are looking for an hour or two watching your family have the biggest smiles possible, then give Tac a call.

1  Thank DMcB99
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I loved this tour. I read on trip advisor that the tour was of Mt. Pleasant so that was no surprise. It is a cute little town with lots of history on its own. Now don't get intimidated by the introduction class you have to take before you get on. You watch and listen to the guide tell you how to ride on a Segway ,and it is a lot to take in. Once you are on it yourself, you realize it is pretty easy to maneuver around once you understand how they work. We did the 2 hour tour, but with the introduction and everything it was almost 3 hours. Even though you are on a Segway, you are still standing for 2+ hours. I enjoyed the tour and the history, but I would have liked it even more if some of the history explanations would have been a little shorter, and given us more time to just ride around and enjoy the Segway. It really is fun though and I am so glad we did it! I would recommend it to anyone. I don't think you will be disappointed.

2  Thank Julestwo