“Great meal at Opal.”

Opal Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Opal Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Long Grove Drive
Charleston SC
“Great meal at Opal.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had the special appetizer which was a beef tar-tare - to die for!!! Along with the Gorgonzola salad. When I was having a hard time deciding on my pasta dish the waitress suggested I combine two so I ordered the cavatelli pasta with the local shrimp, tomatoes and pecorino. It was wonderful. I love being able to order the half portions which still left some to bring home. Mike had a creamy sauce with fennel sausage over a taglietelle which he was very happy with. The atmosphere is nice. Will definitely not wait as long to go back.

• Visited July 2013

“Clam appetizer starts a great meal.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Another fine locale for romantic dinner. I had the grouper and my wife had the filet. Grouper was very good but I would say the filet was better. Great service.

• Visited May 2013
pennsylvania
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Made reservations for a party of 9 at this restuarant for a Tuesday. This was by far the best meal of our trip - and we ate at many restaurants - inlcuding a couple of well known ones downtown. Interior was modern but inviting. I had the charcuterie to start - the waiter helped me choose the cheeses & meats. It was awesome - included spicy mustard, honey, arugula and some pickled items. I then had a half portion of the clams and ravioli - which was to die for! Finished up with a scoop each of the salted caramel and chocolate ice cream.

Short drive across the connector from IOP - so much better than driving downtown after a long day at the beach. You won't be disappointed with this restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“The filet”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

For years my wife and I travelled downtown to all the steak places paying a lot for good steaks. Then we went to Opal and had the filet. Best steak I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection and the served with the most delicious sauce. The bar area here is also very nice and great to hand out in a drink a martini or two.

• Visited April 2013
Anderson SC
“A True "Gem"”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Neat little NY mod but cozy style restaurant tucked into a mall area off Hwy to Isle of Palms. It's a little noisy seated on the floor area, but not that bad to where you can't converse across table, bar is on opposite side of dining area. Reservations a must, ask for a booth it's a little more private, and get ready for a fantastic meal. Friendly staff seated us promptly, wait staff very attentive and knowledgeable, helped us through the menu and drinks. Ordered 2 appetizers for meal, the chacuterie board and salad. Salad was so fresh and buttery tasting, just the right size serving too. Portions were appropriate. Let waiter explain the different meats and cheeses for the board as you can combine more than 5 of each. Must try the smoked duck ham and buffalo cheese, the pickled fennel was a perfect blend of tang and complimented the board perfectly. Also must try the grapefruit margarita, so refreshing and not too sweet. My husband ordered rack of lamb which was grilled to perfection and seasoned just right so as not to take away from the delicate flavor of the lamb. Ordered the creme brulee for dessert, creamy and the crust was broiled without burning the sugar! My husband and I will tell everyone about this place and hope it doesn't become too popular! We will most definitely return, this was a fabulous high end gourmet-style meal with very reasonable prices, you will not be disappointed with the service or the food.

• Visited December 2012