“Any place that serves a burger between two grilled-cheese sandwiches is OK in my book!”

Triangle Char & Bar
Ranked #95 of 350 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Triangle Char & Bar is a favorite of our good friends that live in Mount Pleasant, so when we went to visit, this was one of the first places they took us.

The place had a cool layout with plenty of seating both inside and out. They had a pretty good selection of craft beers and we even got to taste some samples before we ordered.

Their menu was pretty diverse and there were a lot of unique options to choose from. I went directly to a creation called "The Nap." Basically, it is a bacon cheeseburger between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Man, did this taste good! Brilliant burger surrounded by some stellar grilled cheese sandwiches. I completed my cheese overload by ditching the fries for mac-n-cheese. It was a little on the dry side, but still very good.

Like I said earlier, the menu contained a lot of different food combinations, so I would like to go back to this place to sample some more of their food.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate here with a baseball team while in town recently. The atmosphere is great. The kids enjoyed a game of cornhole on the patio and there is plenty of seating for couples and friends to gather in chairs, couches, or love seats. I even saw locals bring their dogs and sit on the patio. The food was good and beer was cold. I had the Mahi Mahi Tacos and they were yummy. The sweet potato fries were good also. Very cool spot, would definitely go back while in town.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stopped here on a whim on our way out of town and the place was packed but we were seated very quickly. They have $1 mimosas or $7 carafes of them and that was a great deal that we took advantage of. The food was great. My husband had the pancakes which were delicious and I got the Cuban sandwich which I enjoyed. Refills on the waters were a bit slow but we had the cocktails to drink instead. We also ordered the black bean rolls as an appetizers and those were really good. It is great atmosphere with a huge patio.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The food was good! There were 4 of us and we all liked what we ordered. I had spaghetti squash and others had the FAN (a huge cheeseburger hamburger with double grilled cheese, bacon and meat and something else that I can't recall. Service was good and the overall lunch was very good.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have never been so disgusted as I was at brunch yesterday! We are local and love coming to Triangle...it's never over the top great, but the atmosphere and drinks are usually worth it. We waited for a table for 30 minutes which is fine. We ordered mimosas and bloody marys to start. Bloody Marys took FOREVER! We then ordered 2 appetizers since we were all starving and could see they were busy. Our server seemed like he could care less from the very beginning. After literally waiting an ENTIRE HOUR, our entrees came out BEFORE the appetizers. He claimed there was an issue with the breading of the egg rolls in the back? (We think he just forgot to put them in). We told him that there was really no point in having the appetizers now that our food was out. He literally brought them out and teased us with them...... but wait for it.....DROPPED THEM OFF AT THE TABLE BESIDE and BEHIND US telling them that they were free and soooo good! Literally rubbing it in our face. Furious doesn't even begin to describe it. I was previously the GM of a local restaurant and I would have asked him to clock out and not come back. He could have politely said "Hi, I know you really don't want these anymore, but they will be on the house so please enjoy". The best part is when the manager/owner finally got to us and offered us "shots" to make us happy? I'm sorry, we aren't college kids that are easily "made happy" with shots. That was a slap in the face. There should have been no question asked....our total ticket should have been comped at this point. Instead we all received "tokens for tacos and beer"? Really?????? Some of our mimosas were comped but NOT the Bloody Mary's...I guess the vodka was too expensive to comp? No wonder the poor kid server doesn't know restaurant etiquette. We were all floored at this entire experience. We will not be back and we left the tokens on the table so that maybe our server can "be happy" with "tacos and beer". RIDICULOUS! Poor poor management!

2  Thank Melissa T