“My new favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“My new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Everything was just right. The food was excellent and the owner is delightful.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Nancy-SC

Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent food and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant has some of the best Italian food I have had in Charleston. Their veal parmesan is amazing and their New York style pizza some of the best! They make a creamy crab soup that is so rich and creamy with huge chunks of lump crabmeat, it could be a meal in itself. The wait staff is extremely cordial and attentive. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual meal some family or friends!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MelCRNA
Charleston
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We live in Belle Hall and eat here all the time! Great food at prices that you can't beat!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank barrav10
Charleston, South Carolina
“Very disappointed - missing some basics”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I travel and go out to eat a lot. And I certainly don't want to paint with a broad stock when i've had a bad experience at a restaurant. However, there were some very basic deficiencies I and my fellow dinner guests experienced.

Two in my party had been to this restaurant before and were not impressed to the point that they had decided not to go back. We decided to give it one more try. Big mistake.

I can't speak to the quality of the food. Mine was okay. Nothing special. I don't think the others felt any different. The issues with this restaurant are the Basics. The key reasons why people are willing to part with their money.

let's start with how you are greeted at the entrance. This is the first impression you get and it colors your expectations for the rest of the dining experience.

You walk into this restaurant and immediately you are in the pathway of servers swerving around you to being food to the upstairs tables. Not an inviting first look. Next the kitchen is in view directly in front of you to witness the hurry scurry of what's going on. Again not a great visual.

A well run restaurant knows how long a wait should be. We were told 20 minutes. The hostess took our cell number that she was going to call when our table was ready. This is a bit uncomfortable - having to give out private information like that.

We went to awine bar next door to have a drink and wait. The 20 minutes turned into 40 minutes. Wefinished our drinks and needed up having to wait another five. Inured until we were shown our table upstairs. Our booth had very uncomfortable high backed seats that made it i possible for the serving staff to see if anyone was there. We were put in a back corner without being given any menus. We then waited 10 minutes to for someone to come. We finally had to get up and accost one of the servers. the head waiter came over apologized and said we would get excellent service from him. Didn't happen.

We did not get any silverware, our appetizers were brought over piecemeal. when he handed me my salad he placed in on the table and told me "here's yours brother"

Not a very professional way of doing things.

We waited againavery long time to get our main courses. At no time did anyone come to apologize for the wait or acknowledge that perhaps it was especially busy.

Even when we were done it took an uncimfortable amount of time to get the attention of the head waiter, the one who was going to give excellent service, in order to get our bill. By this time we had waited and been in the restaurant almost 2 hours!!

This restaurant isn't worth a 5 minute wait.

Not until it gets the basics right. How to great the customer, how to make sure they feel they are bei g attended to. And if things are especially busy, make sure someone comes by to acknowledge, apologize and provide something I return for a compromised experience.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“I got take-out for lunch and want to go back for dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Having read a few great reviews about this restaurant, I decided to check it out for lunch. I got one of the lunch specials, a slice of pizza, salad and drink, and it was fantastic. The price can't be beaten and everything is made fresh when you order it - even the slice of pizza!

• Visited January 2012